Subject: Nick fury, professor x etc... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Söderberg
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Whats the deal with the allies Nick fury, professor X, May Parker etc?
If you actvate them(for a plot token) you get one plot token to lay on the card. next time you activate an ally you may actvate it with the counter on nick fury instead.

now...whats the point with this?
the only reason i can see this as an advantage is if you are lucky to get the right ally to your team(nick fury-avangers, professor x- xmen etc). Then you get two free plot tokens on the card. but this seems a little far fetched. am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jarvis
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It allows you to use an ally with the best ability more times than normal since you are using the plot points from Nick Fury / Professor X first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Söderberg
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
So does this mean that you cannot keep putting plot tokens on your allies on a new game round? I must have missunderstood this then. I thought that you could boost an ally every new planning phase, so you could keep an ally practically the whole game if you just had plot tokens for it. But I must have got this wrong right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid you have been playing it wrongly. The rulebook (p. 7) states:

Quote:
Allies and Power-Ups
You may also place additional plot points on the Ally card you just played (see Allies, page 13). However, you may not place plot points on Allies already in play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Söderberg
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
ahhh.you're right!
thanx, this will change the game quite a bit.
I thought it seemed a little bit unbalanced.

thanks alot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Diebel
United States
Phildelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Also...it gives you added flexibility to activate one of various available allies....thereby preserving the points spent directly on those allies for later rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.