Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
From Avalon Hill's website:

To celebrate the 50-year anniversary of Avalon Hill, Axis & Allies is launching its most expansive game ever. The AXIS & ALLIES ANNIVERSARY EDITION will feature the debut of Italy as the third Axis nation, the introduction of the cruiser unit to the naval lineup, and the largest Axis & Allies board to-date measuring 24x46 inches. With over 600 pieces, players will be able to recreate and decide the outcome of WWII like never before. The Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition is designed and developed by Larry Harris, the original designer of Axis & Allies, and will release on October 23, 2008 with an MSRP of $100.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/pr20080227
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it should be a 6 player game then?
Or is it just another third colour of Axis units controlled by the German player?

If it is units for a 6th player, it does leave the player many units on the board. One infantry unit in Italy, one infantry unit somewhere in Africa and a battle ship unit in the Mediteranian Sea.

But let's see what Avalon Hill comes up with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL OCONNOR
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy for you A&A guys getting a new edition of your favorite game, but man, as an old time Avalon Hill fan, it sure is depressing to see them celebrating their anniversary by releasing new editions of games they didn't originally publish.

The AH of my youth is gone baby gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Kimmel
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Imperious leader wrote:

North Italy: 2 infantry, 1 artillery, 1 fighter, factory, 1 aa gun
South Italy: 2 infantry
Libya: 2 Infantry, 1 armor, 1 artillery
Greece: 1 Infantry ( they were in charge of Greece as per agreement with Germany)

North and South Italy? Greece? That gives me hope that they might have finally given us a European board that opens up gameplay for a change in Europe. Want to see the new map as that will determine for me if I purchase ... here's hoping they have a lot of new territories! Where did you find the new lineups? I'd like to seek out new provinces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.