Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi: I am considering this game and have a few questions. I understand that there are 3 campaigns. Can each be played separately as an individual game (in terms of winning or losing a particular campaign)? Or do they build on each other, so if you play the 1805 scenario, you can't win until you play through all three campaigns?

Also, how long does this game really take to play? The box says 1 hour, but BGG says 3.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
As to the time factor - three hours (give or take) is a lot more accurate but there are situations where the game can end quite suddenly and sooner but those are unusual ocurrences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game's one hour play time listed on the box refers only to the 1813 scenario, I believe--a little bit of false advertising on a game box, common enough though nonetheless deplorable.
The 3 scenarios are simply based on how long you want to play coupled with when in the war to want to start the game; the 1805 scenario is the most exhaustive one, and the other scenarios aren't really different--they're just starting the game further along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Zarecor
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
My 13 year old son and I usually finnish the 1805 campaign in about an hour and a half. We have about ten games under our belts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You guys are fast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.