Subject: Ever buy a microbadge because you would be the only one with it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
School starting soon! Better read a lot of 'fun' books now.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought the Ticket to Ride: Switzerland fan microbadge I do like Ticket to Ride: Switzerland, but Ticket to Ride: Europe is my favorite of the series (don't own Ticket to Ride: Märklin or Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries). There is no Ticket to Ride: Europe fan microbadge so I went with the Swizerland one. Part of the reason was that I would be the only person that owned it. Has anyone else bought a microbadge with part/all of the reason being that no one else owned it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kiser
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hang on, I have a TtR: Switzerland badge to buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
... hehe...

flaming the fires of microbadge buying since 1997...

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kiser
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh gosh, now I have to, don't I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
jammasterjake wrote:
Oh gosh, now I have to, don't I

No you won't.... you won't... you won't...

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Donnell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't the only reason I bought it, but it did factor into the Pirates of the Spanish Main one that I bought. The fact that I love playing the game was the main reason though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never purchased a badge just so I could be the only owner, but I have purchased a badge so that it wouldn't have zero owners. More than once. It was always a badge that I would have bought anyway, eventually, but I may well have gotten sooner than I would have if it had had other owners. In looking at the microbadges I currently have, I don't seem to have any at the moment that only I own. So the ones I rescued from oblivion are now owned by others, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwolfe wrote:
I have never purchased a badge just so I could be the only owner, but I have purchased a badge so that it wouldn't have zero owners. More than once. It was always a badge that I would have bought anyway, eventually, but I may well have gotten sooner than I would have if it had had other owners. In looking at the microbadges I currently have, I don't seem to have any at the moment that only I own. So the ones I rescued from oblivion are now owned by others, too.

Thats why I bought the Great Wall of China one that I occassionally display.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't say that was the ONLY reason I've bought a zero-owner badge before. However - I do still have a list to pick up, as I get more (and not just my own), and have been known to prioritize low or zero-owner badges over higher owner ones on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never bought a microbadge specifically because I'd be the sole owner, but I am the sole owner of two that I requested on the microbadge forum - one's the "Opera Lover" one and the other's the "Thomas Mann Fan".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted a microbadge design, so I could have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donuts anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I requested a "I taught my wife to play and now I can't win" microbadge. What I got was, "My wife beats me." Which I didn't like as much. So, I bought another one that is pretty much true, too. Which is, "If I win, I'll be sleeping on the couch." I didn't buy it to be the only one but now I feel lonely being the sole owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than being a big Alien fan (I buy the novels, and most of the comics, games, dvds, soundtracks, etc, etc), one of the reasons I purchased my Alien microbadge was because I couldn't believe that it had zero owners at the time. Of course it has four owners now, but for a while I was the proud, sole owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have bought, and probably will continue to buy, microbadges schedule for the chopping block because I want to save them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't bought one to be the sole owner, but it turns out I AM the sole owner of the DC United microbadge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will soon enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer your question...no.

I did buy the I smell New Games and expected to be the only owner of such a weird badge.

3 or so months later and there are 18 of us sick freaks in the world.

Woohoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Neil Thomson wrote:
To answer your question...no.

I did buy the I smell New Games and expected to be the only owner of such a weird badge.

3 or so months later and there are 18 of us sick freaks in the world.

Woohoo!

Yeah, my strangest microbadge request evar!

I was surprised to see so many people grab it as well. Since I was a closet sniffer (that doesn't sound right!), I grabbed #15 (and the free coupon to boot).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought one of Call of Cthulhu: Collectible Card Game microbadges (specifically the purple one with the key) to prevent it from deletion. I see someone else has picked it up too since.

I'm the only owner of the DBx microbadge (which I made myself).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought of one persons combined microbadges as sort of their microbadge identity. Not just one single badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the only Charles deLint fan badge owner. It wasn't expected, but it came to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit surprised there are no Terminator fans out there. I'd figured at least one of those 2 mb would have an owner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ackmondual wrote:
I'm a bit surprised there are no Terminator fans out there. I'd figured at least one of those 2 mb would have an owner

It probably has less to do with who is a fan of what and more to do with there are so many out there. I think we have around 4000 MBs and it may be higher than that. I own almost 70 I think and would like to have maybe a 100 more. But with only 5 slots and other things to do with GG, they aren't a priority right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the only one with a K.A.O.S. mb, but that's because I play with chaos for fun and a lot of my cunning plans look like chaos unless you know how devious I am. That mb was the closest one to "I play with chaos".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.