Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

German units are in an off-board area waiting to enter an on-board hex. All of the possible on-board hexes have an Allied unit in them. Does this mean the German units cannot enter play until at lest one hex is cleared? Or, can German off-board units attack from the off-board area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not at home but I do not remember any place where the Germans had this situation. Which area?

The short answer is that German off-board units do not need to have a clear hex to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Area B. All 3 on-board hexes had an Allied unit in them, so No German unit could go on-board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The stacking rules specifically state that no unit may enter a hex occupied by an enemy unit (3.5 Stacking Limits, last paragraph).

The combat rules state that on-board units may attack enemy units (5. Combat, first paragraph). Nowhere in the rules does it say off-board units may attack enemy units.

So in your example Issac, the German units could move to another off-board space (ie. A or C), or sit tight until an adjacent hex became unoccupied. The German units could not attack the units in the hexes adjacent to off-board space B.

Hope that clears things up a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On reading the rules again I agree. They do not explicitly state you can attack from the off-board areas. I am not sure that was the designer's intention. I will try to ask. It is not a situation that comes up very often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.