Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a few questions that I'm curious about:

1) When using Bonuses for Challenges, can I use the same bonus value for all of the phases of the same Challenge? For example, I want to use a +4 to challenge the next die. Can I apply the +4 to each of the phase rolls of the same Challenge?

2) Are the empty Quest cards just free +1 bonuses? Or are they for adding our own Quests?

3) What happens during a tie between the player roll and the challenged die roll?

4) What happens in the case where you shuffle before a Challenge, go through the entire Quest deck, and lose the first Challenge to the upper die? The rules state that the player must perform another Quest before a second Challenge can be performed on the same die. But the deck can only be shuffled once before each Challenge and it has already been shuffled. Could this be interpreted as before each "Challenge" even if the challenge is for the same die?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
1) When using Bonuses for Challenges, can I use the same bonus value for all of the phases of the same Challenge? For example, I want to use a +4 to challenge the next die. Can I apply the +4 to each of the phase rolls of the same Challenge?
Each bonus is applied to only one roll. If you have +4 when you walk into challenge, you can use +2, +2, or +3, +1, and so on, not +4 each roll.

Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
2) Are the empty Quest cards just free +1 bonuses? Or are they for adding our own Quests?
They're for making up your own quests. Should have noted that.

Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
3) What happens during a tie between the player roll and the challenged die roll?
The challenger wins.

Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
4) What happens in the case where you shuffle before a Challenge, go through the entire Quest deck, and lose the first Challenge to the upper die? The rules state that the player must perform another Quest before a second Challenge can be performed on the same die. But the deck can only be shuffled once before each Challenge and it has already been shuffled. Could this be interpreted as before each "Challenge" even if the challenge is for the same die?
Yes, you can shuffle only once between each challenge, regardless of it being a win or loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this one tonight using the clarifications. I really enjoyed it as a solo dice tosser! For the blank cards I added additional Quests. Roll even, roll odd, roll two evens, roll two odds, roll an even and an odd, roll a number in the upper half of the die number, and the same for the lower half.

I lost the first game challenging the d8 and the second game challenging the d12. Fun with a few tweaks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.