Gabriel Lim
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to everyone,
It was a few days ago that I decided to write to Valley Games to enquire about the status of my Container pre-order which had not turned up at my doorstep yet. Like many others, my credit card was charged some time in October. And like many others, I am still waiting for the game to arrive.

I got a reply from Torben a few days after sending the email to them. And this is what he said:

Hello there,

We got word last week that our shipment to our drop ship contact in Australia was lost and that they were retracing their steps to try and find out what happened. After several conversations with the shipping company I decided that enough was enough and filed for lost merchandise.

Thus we have another shipment going out later this week, with a different company, and so for those of you that are waiting for either Die Macher, Container, and or Mordred, they are coming.

In the future we are going to try and hold inventory down in Australia with our partners there to insure we don't have this happen again. We hope this will speed things up when it comes to future orders and it will also insure that the shops can get inventory from us in that it is difficult for that to happen on occasion.

We apologize for the inconvenience, if any of you have been following the things that have been going on, shipping and lost shipments seems to be tops on our problems list.

I wanted to let you all know the status of your orders, and that they are on our radar and unfortunately with the time it takes to get to Australia, that this is not a quick process, especially when there is a problem.

Thanks again for your patience.

Regards,

Torben Sherwood
Valley Games

cry
I wonder how many of us in Australia and New Zealand have pre-ordered this game, and have received that email. I can't help but feel that something fishy is going on. I expect that I will have to wait another month or two before it finally arrives (probably without the bonus containers too).

Frankly speaking, this is my first experience pre-ordering and it hasn't turned out to be a good one so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriel,

I know you must be dissapointed....but let me tell you that Valley will make it right!!! I am in the U.S. and I had a problem with Container being shipped. I wrote them an email and they had it checked into and resolved QUICKLY!!! My copy seemed to have been crushed in it's box!wow
They took care of me right away so i do not think you have to worry and...you should enjoy the game....my family does!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Valleys's shipment of Container to Australia and their shipment of Mordred from Germany both got lost in transit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Campbell
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha!! thats funny, a game about shipping gets lost, while being shipped!!shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been an unbelievable string of bad luck for us in regards to our shipping companies. It seems that no matter which company we use, something comes up broken, late, or missing. We're frustrated with all these problems, and we're going to continue looking for the perfect shipping company to utilize for our preorders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tall
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine today (Thursday 20th) and I'm not happy. The packing it came in looked perfectly fine, but the game box inside has been crushed. This will be the final straw for me and VG. If I see their product in a shop, I may pick up something from them, but otherwise, no dice. Still haven't seen my generals from Hannibal either.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Lim
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamT wrote:
I got mine today (Thursday 20th) and I'm not happy. The packing it came in looked perfectly fine, but the game box inside has been crushed. This will be the final straw for me and VG. If I see their product in a shop, I may pick up something from them, but otherwise, no dice. Still haven't seen my generals from Hannibal either.....

Adam,

I feel for you and according to John (who posted above), you can contact the nice people at VG and tell them you got a crushed copy. And I'm sure they will take care of you and sort out the problem for you. What do you think?

You have left me feeling hopeful that I will see my copy soon. With Australia pre-orders arriving, then I assume Container is finally reaching NZ. Keeping my fingers crossed that my copy is not going to turn up looking like a pancake!

Cheers,
Gabriel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Knight
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gabriel,

I got my copy tonight, so it has reached NZ! Mine was in good condition as well, and I am looking forward to getting a game of it in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well i really enjoy playing Container, but Valley Games Costumer Service is crap.

I've sent them an email a few months ago asking if i could pre-order Container and some 4 or 5 months later still no answer.

I'll never pre-order a game from Valley Games, if i can grab it throught the retailers nice, if not the hell with it... there are a lot of good games out there to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oblivion wrote:
Well i really enjoy playing Container, but Valley Games Costumer Service is crap.

My copy of Container arrived with a slightly incorrect mix of containers; a few extra of some colours and few too few of others. I contacted the Valley Games guys (ie Kevin Nesbitt) directly here on BGG and received immediate response that they wouldn't have replacement containers for a few weeks but they'd get them to me ASAP.

Quote:
I've sent them an email a few months ago asking if i could pre-order Container and some 4 or 5 months later still no answer.

And in fact a few weeks later I received an envelope containing exactly the containers I needed to bring my copy of up scratch.

Quote:
I'll never pre-order a game from Valley Games, if i can grab it throught the retailers nice, if not the hell with it... there are a lot of good games out there to play.

While I agree there are plenty of good games out there, there are far too few good games published each year, Often there are only one or two games published in a year that are actually worth buying. Some years there are none. Container was one of the two games out of last year clearly worth buying for me (Wabash Cannonball was the other). I am pleased with Container, I am pleased with Valley Games and I will happily do business with them again should they decide to publish another interesting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Lim
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamknight wrote:
Hey Gabriel,

I got my copy tonight, so it has reached NZ! Mine was in good condition as well, and I am looking forward to getting a game of it in.

Hi Adam,

I've got mine yesterday too, and though I should be excited at this point... I'm not. Because my package turned up squashed. The parcel wasn't packed securely (by Warchest in Australia who I assume to be VG's pre-order distributor in this region). The game box was severely squashed. I have emailed VG about this issue and await a reply. Lets hope they will be able to solve this problem for me.

I hope you'll have lots of fun when you get a chance to play it!

cheers,
Gabriel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Knight
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, your luck is unbelievably bad. I wouldn't bother buying a lotto ticket this weekend.

I am looking forward to my first game (in a week or so's time) but my 2 year old had fun with it last night - he got out the ships and stacked the little containers on them, while singing "Row, row, row your boat..." I think he rates it a 10!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you guys at Valley Games play poker? We've got a couple spots in our game that just opened up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.