1 Posts

Edel, Stein & Reich» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
Edel, Stein & Reich: K-ban won over Me, Josh, Dave, and Paul. I came in dead last, once again bowing to the strange universal law that says I will always come in dead last when I play a game with Paul. Skipping ahead to the big question: is the game better than Basari? Well, it plays up to 5, instead of 4, which is a plus. It adds another option – the ability to get cards that may be 'contracts,' which are collected for points, or event cards, which give bonuses or actions. I wasn't crazy about the event cards. They either seemed not useful at all or way too useful to a particular player. But mainly, the main thing I like about Basari is how quickly it played. In ESR, you have to wait for cards to be dealt each turn and there's some fiddling with money. It's not a huge amount of time wasted, but it does slow it down. I'd gladly play both games, but I'm giving the nod to Basari.

Mike Mayer
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.