Popular Tags: ebay [+] [View All]
Tony Archer
Australia
Woori Yallock
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I just had a quick look under board games on ebay to see what was available. I looked over the first 500 games (rather quickly). Of these there were three games (0.6%) that I'd consider interesting (Carcassonne, Diplomacy and Doom) and not available at KMart etc, not a variant of monopoly or a TV Quiz show or a contorted sex game.

My question is this and I hope it doesn't sound elitist: wouldn't be good if there was a quick way to find out what our fellow BGG users were selling on ebay, without having to scroll through 99.4% of junk?

The solution seems simple: every BBG user who sells on eBay puts BGG in the title. Then all it takes is a simple search under board games with "BGG" in the title and the good stuff is there - all together.

Just a thought, who knows it might even take off...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Figure out the game wanted
2) Go to the game's page on BGG
3) Look under the Ebay section to see what is listed.
4) ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the ebay module on BGG can at least help you zero in on stuff that is being sold by BGGers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just search by publisher, sometimes designer, and almost always by the specific game I'm interested in. eBay's categories are a joke, as far as utility is concerned, because they're much too broadly defined and contain far too many items to be of any use to anyone looking for anything in particular. I like to set up "favorite searches", too, for a bunch of particular games I'm interested in, and tell it to email me new results every day for a year (if you define the search to include just one game, you won't get many emails, since the individual game won't turn up much). That way, I don't forget that I wanted to check to see if the game is available. Browsing eBay as if it were a storefront is almost never a good way to find anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Archer
Australia
Woori Yallock
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
1) Figure out the game wanted
2) Go to the game's page on BGG

That works for a game you want but sometimes you just want to browse what's available (of the good stuff). What you want often depends on the price.

echoota wrote:
Looking at the ebay module on BGG can at least help you zero in on stuff that is being sold by BGGers.

Yes, that's good for those living in America, but for those on the other side of the world, there's a fair bit of scrolling there too , as most games are priced out of the market because of $30+ shipping. (I just scrolled through 40 pages on the ebay "recent" module and not one game was from Australia.)

Maybe there's a way to set the ebay module to a certain country? Now that would be good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.