Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Prickett
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although, many use multiplayer solitaire as a bad thing in a game, my wife and I have found that enjoy these types of games. I was looking for a good list of games that ‘many’ would call multiplayer-solitaire games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Year of the Dragon
Cuba
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a shorter list:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/23912/comment/638403

...and here's an excellent blog entry about the concept of "multiplayer solitaire":
http://boredgamegeeks.blogspot.com/2007/11/multi-player-soli...

You might also search for variations on the term "player interaction", as this is another term people use for the scale that has multiplayer solitaire on one end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up Starship Catan which seems like multi-player solitaire (although it's only 2 player). In fact I bought it so I could play it with a solo variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlee Dise
United States
Triangle
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find I like these types of games too. Even though it has an auction phase, many consider Goa to be mutilplayer solitaire. Notre Dame doesn't have a lot of interaction either, except for the card passing phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For real multiplayer solitaire: Take it Easy!

And real-time independent searching for paths or patterns, i.e. arguably multiplayer solitaire: Ricochet Robots and SET

(A lot of games get bogusly labeled multiplayer solitaire just because their player interaction is more subtle than directly attacking and blowing up each other's resources...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
Empire Builder and all the resulting Crayon Rail games are the ultimate in multi-player solitaire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Adventure games:

Return of the Heroes
Dungeon Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
Csigs wrote:
Empire Builder and all the resulting Crayon Rail games are the ultimate in multi-player solitaire.

I have to disagree with you there.

In all the crayon-rails games there are three types of cities: metropolises, which no one can be shut out of; medium-sized cities, that allow as many as three players to enter; and small cities, these only allow two. We shut players out as part of our strategy.

We also lay our lines so as to be less freindly to other players, especially in a game like EuroRails where the terrain plays a huge part. I tend to zigzag my lines to make it difficult for other players.

We also tend to take what we call "insurance" loads, just in case a disaster causes us to lose on. This has a huge impact on the other players.

All of the screwage is indirect, so maybe you are right and these are MPSs. Maybe I am just drawn to these kinds of games, just like the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.