Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished reading the pdf rules, and was wondering if the Rift can be broken into 2 pieces when an element decays. For example,

Fi Fi Ea
Ea Wi Wa
Wa Wa
Fi Wa

Then if I was to decay Water, could I end up with the following?

Fi Fi Ea
Ea Wi Wi
<-- gap in the Rift
Fi Wi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question, Ryan.

Yes, a gap is formed. There is a Card Abilities reference card included in the game, and this situation is handled on the card.

If the Rift is split into two or more groups, the largest group remains, while the rest are removed. If one or more groups of tiles are tied for number of elements, the player who caused the split choses which group to keep in the Rift, and removes the rest.

Thanks for your question, Ryan!

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response, John.

I was reading the reviews for Politico and stumbled upon your other 2 games. I'm a sucker for small, quick, 2+ people games and will be puchashing have just now bought all three games.

I can't wait to try them out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Pong IP
Hong Kong
Lai Chi Kok
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
justjohn wrote:
Great question, Ryan.

Yes, a gap is formed. There is a Card Abilities reference card included in the game, and this situation is handled on the card.

If the Rift is split into two or more groups, the largest group remains, while the rest are removed. If one or more groups of tiles are tied for number of elements, the player who caused the split choses which group to keep in the Rift, and removes the rest.

Thanks for your question, Ryan!

John

Hi John,

Is this also another update to the rule?

The rule states:
Quote:
In the event that two or more groups of tiles are no longer connected, the player who caused the split chooses one of those groups, and removes the remaining tiles from the Rift.

It does not require that the large group remains.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Newer players, please refer to this: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/2992870#2992870.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.