Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonard Curtis
United States
Vicksburg
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a mob war is started with the Vendetta card, starting the death rate of 2 per turn and an Ambush card is played, does the death rate go to 4 per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, AMBUSH starts mob war at double (normal) rate. After VENDETTA, mob war is already going twice as fast, so playing AMBUSH has no effect. Playing the MOB WAR card, however, would actually *reduce* the speed to single rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Curtis
United States
Vicksburg
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's what I thought but wanted to get opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre moll Christiansen
Denmark
Frederiksberg C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine wrote:
Nope, AMBUSH starts mob war at double (normal) rate. After VENDETTA, mob war is already going twice as fast, so playing AMBUSH has no effect. Playing the MOB WAR card, however, would actually *reduce* the speed to single rate.

Yeah, We interpret the rules in the same way.........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Etter
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on your version of rules.

From my version (v2.0/2005: http://mayfairgames.com/mfg-shop3/rules/MFG0454-Rules-V2_0.p...) it is stated that Ambush begins a mob war, killing two people every turn. However, if there is already a mob war in effect, Ambush doubles the current rate.

I just played the newest version this weekend, and Ambush is not stated to double the rate. Again, it depends on which version you're playing out of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Aghos wrote:
It depends on your version of rules.

From my version (v2.0/2005: http://mayfairgames.com/mfg-shop3/rules/MFG0454-Rules-V2_0.p...) it is stated that Ambush begins a mob war, killing two people every turn. However, if there is already a mob war in effect, Ambush doubles the current rate.

I just played the newest version this weekend, and Ambush is not stated to double the rate. Again, it depends on which version you're playing out of.

I have the same version and don't play it this way. If you look under "Mob War!", a Mob War is explain as being 1 mobster per turn (with Vendetta and Ambush resulting in Mob Wars at "double rate"). So the "(If a Mob War is already in effect, this has the effect of doubling the hit rate)" in the Ambush description just says that the ongoing Mob War is upgraded to a "double rate" one. And not that you could have a "4 rate war" (or imagine one playing Vendetta, the next playing Ambush - time has come to re-shuffle the deck, third player draws Ambush and plays it - so now an "8 rate war"!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.