Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: quesions after playing 2nd time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Kempers
Netherlands
Amsterdam Ned.
flag msg tools
tnx on the previous ones, it realy helped. but here are somenew arguable questions.

1) Sherrif starts with a gun and can get a pistol in a building when cancel his movement. Now the card "ive got to get to the..." means he cant get a gun instead of moving or does the man of action not count as searching but a 3rd option????

2) As i live in amsterdam and people are very openminded me and some friends wondered why "this could be our last night" only works on woman + men and not man man or woman woman or even on a single hero(i know weird question but some beers help create questions), aswell reading al the priest scandals, is father joseph hit by the "this could be....."if he is with billy in 1 space? (just kidding )

3) When2 heroes are in the same space fighting both 1 or more zombies. hero a has a recovery card, hero b 1 wound. Hero a start fighting, then he plays recovery on b, is that possible since they are both in a conflict with zombies. is it also possible to play it on another hero between 2 zombiefights?

4)zombies need to move into a space with zombies if possible. lets say there are 2 heroes (h) 3 zombies (z) in the following scene.

Z #1
--------|---------
Z H | Z H

can zombie 1 chose wich space he walks into since both are adjecent to his.

5) a complex one. die die die scenario. 3 heroes including a father joseph. he already got 2 wounds but has to fight to zombie 15 (14 killed). father had 5 5 and the zombie got 4. now the zombie plays the card zombie gets +1 on fight die. father cancels the card, get awound and die, but since he got 5 5 and zombie 4zombie dead to. who will win the scenario?

6) does using a dinamite recorded as a range attack? itsan item but also has a range. or can i use it anytime in hero turn?

7) when it stated 3+ does it mean 3,4,5,6 or 4,5,6 ?

8) a student player got the card he or she rolls 1 die less when with another hero in 1 space. aswell he or she go the card only 1 dice in a fight. does that mean when a player got both, and within the same space as an hero and 2 zombies he or she automaticalygot hit and wounded?

8) when the zombies play the card the buildingis locked. that player is locked there untill he can escape from window, getting keys, or the fireaxe? or can we assume after turn he breaks the door?

9)this one is from a friend. is there a possibility to have bikini shots of sally / becky? he will be happy with an email or phonenumber aswell)laugh

oh well not all are equal seriously but hope you can answer it.

mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elstree
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my takes on these:

1) Recovering a revolver using "Man of Action" takes the place of a search action. Since "I've got to get to the..." prevents the hero from searching, the Sheriff can't use his "Man of Action" power until he reaches the target building.

2) This has been a source of many jokes in our group, and I'm sure many others as well. My answer: Since the game parodies Hollywood horror movies where sex is strictly heterosexual that's what the card represents. When Hollywood makes "Brokeback Mountain II: Horror in the Hills" you can finally use the card on same sex pairs.

3) Yes, you can do this because playing the Recovery card occurs between Fights. You just can't use it to prevent a dying wound.

4) Per Zombie Hunger, page 10: "if there is more than one adjacent Hero, the Zombie player may choose."

5) Tough question. My thought is that Father Joseph dies mid-fight so he isn't around to kill the zombie.

An aside: By our house rules, Hero suicide like this (or by, say, blowing oneself up with dynamite or gasoline) doesn't produce a Zombie Hero. So in our group Father Joseph might want to do this even though it doesn't kill the zombie to prevent the Zombie player from gaining a zombie hero.

6) Page 18: Using dynamite is a ranged attack that requires that you have a fire item to light it. I think even if you chose not to throw it using it would still take place on the "Shoot a Ranged Weapon" phase of your Hero turn and would take the place of using another ranged weapon.

7) "3+" means 3, 4, 5, or 6.

8) Heh. Good luck with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kempers
Netherlands
Amsterdam Ned.
flag msg tools
ok tnx for the quick reply.

2 more why can u search while a zombie is in the same space. it doesnt make sense. when i visualize it it would be like this.

H: Crap iá out of stuff
z: urgggggggggg
H: I have an idea i go search
Z: urrrrhhhh
H: Zombie freeze a bit i need to search *clicks on a remote control*
Z: paused
H: ahhhhh i found some nice crowbar *press remote again*
Z: uuugggggg
H: Attacks

doesnt make sense.

would that also mean youth can be played when surrounded by zombies? cancel movement to recover?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to think of search as a hero calmly opening drawers and cupboards; when confronted by a zombie, it works better to think of a search as a mad, blind scrabble through the mess, and fortunately pulling out a crowbar in time for the fight.

Yes, a youth is allowed to use their self heal, even when surrounded by zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brokeback Mountain II: Horror in the Hills

You posted this years ago but it made me laugh.
This has home brew Senario written all over it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.