Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Prendergast
United States
Newton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received Um Reifenbreite in a trade and printed out english action card translation labels from the file posted by N. Petry (thanks N. Petry!). The file gives the option to print ONE of TWO "Mass Fall" cards. The two cards are:

"You cause a mass fall! The rider falls and doesn't move this turn. Because the fall costs strength, he must discard one of his energy cards. All riders who haven't moved yet also fall and cannot move this turn".

AND

"You cause a mass fall! The rider falls and doesn't move this turn. Because the fall costs strength, he must discard one of his energy cards. Also, any rider that moves past him this turn falls, and must stop moving immediately".

Which of these cards actually came with the game? And I need opinions, from those who have played the game, as to which card they prefer in order to help me make up my mind regarding which card to go with (I can't use them both as I am applying lables over the actual cards that came with the game so I only have enough cards to use one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas Riekkinen
Finland
Kuopio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Last time I played we used the second option, dont remember did we find it straight from the german or from the translation (some cards had wierd or wrong english translations (at least the gust of wind type card had some problems), at least on the sheet we had printed for the game, dont know about the current file. Later also sounds more thematic.. as the player coming from behind would crash as well to the big pile . Crashing all players to theyre spots would sound wierd. This is truly a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the German text of the card:

Quote:
Sie verursachen einen Massensturz! Das kostet Kraft!

Der Fahrer darf in dieser Runde nicht ziehen. Er muss eine Energie-Karte abgeben. Kommen andere Fahrer zu Fall, so darf keiner der gestürzten Fahrer darf in dieser Runde ziehen.

As far as my German skills go, it translates as follows:

Quote:
You cause a heavy fall! This will cost you some strength!

The fallen Rider may not move in this round. He must also give up
one of his energy cards. All of the other Riders who also fall because
of this are not allowed to move for this round (but keep their cards).

The only difference between this card and the normal "fall" card is the loss of an action card.

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Prendergast
United States
Newton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick,
If your translation is correct that makes it even MORE confusing! That description seems to fall somewhere in between the other two! It's a little unclear as to whether or not riders fall immediately (because of the mass fall) or whether they fall while attempting to ride past the fallen rider.

Tuomas,
The "gust of wind" card you mentioned must have been removed from the game. It wasn't part of the file I printed out. Are there any other english translation problem cards that you can recall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
gpren wrote:
Nick,
If your translation is correct that makes it even MORE confusing! That description seems to fall somewhere in between the other two! It's a little unclear as to whether or not riders fall immediately (because of the mass fall) or whether they fall while attempting to ride past the fallen rider.

Riders fall if they are adjacent when you fall.

No one ever falls by riding past a faller.

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.