Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: What if... Mainstream Fashion was Board Games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Maeda
msg tools
imagine if the whole world started to be targeted towards geeks...

what if every fashion of Chanel, Loui Vuitton, Gucci, Guess, and so fourth

all sported different materials of card boxes for CCG players
Wood, Leather, Other. Separated Masculine and Feminine sides of the store separated with different kinds of CCG boxes.

Geeky Collared shirts that were made fashionable and different pairs of nice looking eye glasses which were made by name brands.

different kinds of bags for both men and women designed to hold a board game and side pockets for dice and pieces.

Even Couch pouches specially designed for dice and smaller pouches for pieces.

What would the world turn into?

Would you welcome this? hate this? quit being a geek? or goto a shop right away and start buying some new gear? :X

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Octobomb wrote:
imagine if the whole world started to be targeted towards geeks...

Umm.

Quote:
Would you welcome this?

No, I'd simply find it irrelevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also find it irrelevant (not to mention surprising)... plus I'd wonder why the question was asked in the "Women and Gaming" forum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And something weird would happen....

It would no longer be the geeky husbands secretly buying, convincing, and sneaking board games into the house.....but the geeky wife secretly buying, convincing and sneaking clothing into the house..

wait..that probably already happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
clearclaw wrote:

Which is not to say that product design is irrelevant to board and card gaming. There is still a lot to be said for design improvements in both -- not changes merely for the same of changes (eg circular or transparent cards), but actual functional methods of representing the game systems in a more functional and appealing manner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
clearclaw wrote:

Which is not to say that product design is irrelevant to board and card gaming. There is still a lot to be said for design improvements in both -- not changes merely for the same of changes (eg circular or transparent cards), but actual functional methods of representing the game systems in a more functional and appealing manner.

Fashion design, however, is rarely functional. Nor--and this might be just me--appealing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
tommynomad wrote:
Fashion design, however, is rarely functional. Nor--and this might be just me--appealing.

Fashion and I don't collide very often. Of course I sit here wearing jeans, a polo shirt and Birkenstocks, which is pretty much what I've been wearing for the last 20 years. rain or shine, work or play, swapping the polo shirt out for a T-shirt if it is warmer, or a long-sleeve check flannel shirt over a T-shirt if colder. Ayup, me a yokel. It works.

Note to self: Get new set of Birkenstocks. This pair won't survive another set of soles -- 15 years of continuous wear is enough for one pair of shoes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Leonhard
United States
Aldie
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Octobomb wrote:
Geeky Collared shirts that were made fashionable and different pairs of nice looking eye glasses which were made by name brands.

different kinds of bags for both men and women designed to hold a board game and side pockets for dice and pieces.

You've apparently never been in an eyeglasses store since Coach, Liz Claibourne, etc, all design glasses. I've also seen plenty of expensive bags that would suit board gaming purposes, but I much prefer my 59 cent IKEA bag to carry games in.

And if mainstream fashion was made out of board games, we'd all be pretty flipping cold in our cardboard come wintertime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
German Mike
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
andsoerinsaid wrote:

[...] but I much prefer my 59 cent IKEA bag to carry games in.

IKEA BAGS RULE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Maeda
msg tools
I think it would be cool to have a whole store that had a large selection of all kinds of fasion. I mean a Guess Dice bag? !! French designer Card Game boxes? :O and maybe even a dozen of wood CCG boxes with soft interiors to protect the cards ^^...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.