Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a "Con Hotline". It could list Cons by month, as submitted by "geekers" - where they are at and who is hosting them with links. Additionally, BGG members could post photos of the goings and comings after they attend (there has got to be a hundred stories about the new game just tried or (shudder) the infamous how I lost this game you just can't believe! Maybe if we make our presence known at the Cons we can get a group discount (after all - most of us are gray haired anyway - maybe I should submit this idea to AARP as well.....). Its a thought anyway....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just attended "Pro or Con" in Dearborn, MICH. Met the authors of Warfare in the Age of Reason (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/10388) Tod Kershner and Dale Wood. Played in a naval game ran by them as part of a ongoing campaign game. In addition to many beautiful hand crafted minis of fighting ships, they had expanded their fleets using Pirates of the Carribean CCG (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/23308) ships mounted to wooden bases. Not to overly brag, but Tod and I (the outnumbered French 18 Spanish to 13 French) pasted the Spaniards (ran by my pal Marty and Dale) before we beat a hasty "get out before he closes to grappling range" retreat. I got to purchase a copy of their rule set and they even autographed it for free. All in all, a well run and enjoyable outing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LimboLance wrote:
after all - most of us are gray haired anyway - maybe I should submit this idea to AARP as well.....

You must go to very different cons than the ones I've been to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
LimboLance wrote:
after all - most of us are gray haired anyway - maybe I should submit this idea to AARP as well.....

You must go to very different cons than the ones I've been to!

When they say "roll the bones" they really roll the bones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its more like "rub them bones" - Uncle Arty (arthritis) is a mean player... Been in gaming since college - 1977 so thats 30+ years and I started in my 20s... So, I am officially old (or so my 20 yo kids tell me....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.