Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

Now that we've played a bunch of the premade scenarios, we'd like to change things up a bit and go with premade terrain setup, but let each player buy their army. So, does anyone have any ideas on how to calculate appropriate relative costs for units?

Ex: red infantry = 15 pts, green infantry = 7 pts, red cavalry = 23 pts., etc.

Ideally I'd like to get a point system that's based on the unit characteristics so we can add new unit tyeps and quickly come up with a reasonable cost for them.

Thanks!

Ron

PS: in case anyone looks at both forums...I'm trying to make a similar point system for CCA, so I posted there also...cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Call to Arms expansion gives you ways to customize and deploy your army, but not to the extent of a points system.

If you go to the official battlelore forums, you can find more discussion on a points system, and a user or two has put forth point systems that can be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven O'Shea
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These have NOT been play tested (yet), so I am unsure how balanced they are. I attempted to create a point system that would take into consideration differences between the units (other than just color). I also created it so that my friends and I could play with an all human, all dwarf, or all goblin army. ((edit: I would prefer to use a Call to Arms deployment system for an all dwarf or all goblin army. . .but I would rather wait for an official supplement for that)) I am sure there is a way to "break them", but the idea is to build an army using points with the figures that we own, i.e. we can't purchase 10 units of mounted knights.

So if you are interested in trying these I would love to know what you think. I will try to play test them as soon as I have time (I have two children and a very ill wife). I would suggest starting with 150 point army.

Human Unit (Cost)

Green Inf (4)
Blue Inf (6)
Blue Spear (7)
Blue Arbalest (7)
Red Inf (8)
Red Halberd (10)
Blue Cav (13)
Red Cav (15)
Red Knights (17)
Horn Blowers ?

Dwarven Unit (Cost)

Green Crossbow (6)
Blue Inf (7)
Blue Spears (8)
Clan Chiefs (9)
Red Inf (9)
Blue Axe (9)
Cattle Riders (11)
Bagpipe ?

Goblin Unit (Cost)

Green Slings (3)
Green Inf (3)
Green Archer (4)
Blue Inf (6)
Red Inf (8)
Red Spear (8)
Green Cav (10)
Green Cav Bow (11)
Blue Hyena (12)
Goblin Band (?)
Goblin Drummer(+1 to each unit's cost)

Feedback is welcome. If the costs are unbalanced and not providing a good game, please tell me how they are unbalanced. . .don't just say they suck. Even if they do, I need to know how to improve on them.

Thanks,

Steven O'Shea

P.S. Where are the Irish Leprechaun units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.