Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Karlsson
Sweden
Linköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this yesterday for the first time, and one thing came up: the Moltke card. "Moltke supercedes Sud Army and 11th Army events." What does that mean, more exactly?

Can I play the Sud Army event when Moltke is active? Can I continue to operate the Sud Army on the Eastern Front (for 1 CP activation cost) while Moltke is active and Sud Army has been played earlier? Or does Moltke make the Sud Army event void, either while Moltke is active or forever?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It means that its ops reducing effects are canceled out by the Moltke card on the western front if Moltke is played as an event. Moltke only has effects for the western front for specific turns so it has no effect on Sud army for any other region for the rest of the game--Moltke effects supersede Sud Army effects where the two of them would have effects. I'm sure this is because someone thought it was a cunning strategy to shift AH army and G corps over to the western front to supersede the crippling ops effects of Moltke.

Of course, someone would have to be brain dead to play Moltke as an event in the first place to allow the Germans to make limited war extremely quickly anyway. Always instead of force them to get reichstag truce, oberost and either wait for Falkenhayn (non GOA) or GOA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Karlsson
Sweden
Linköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I shall be certain to mention this to my opponent. (Especially the bit about the cleverness of playing Moltke. devil )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.