Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'Create an Encounter Contest' for Cutthroat Caverns drew to a close today - with overwhelming response! We had nearly 100 submissions - and believe us, there are some very cool entries. It is going to be very difficult to pick out 'the best of the best' but we're gonna have a blast playtesting them all.

Thanks to everyone who entered the contest! You rock! Stay tuned for the results - to be announced just as soon as we can give each Encounter its due and select a winner. The Prestige alone will be worth the wait. Talk to you soon! - Curt and Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought mailed entries had until March 7th? No worries for me, as I e-mailed mine in. Will winners be notified via e-mail prior to the 15th?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, mailed entries do have a bit more time (3/7) - but we've yet to receive one.

Winners will be notified by e-mail (if they submitted by e-mail) and/or regular mail (if we are unable to contact them through e-mail). We are hoping to do so by the 15th, but we do want to make sure that we evaluate each entry fairly by playtesting it. There is a chance that this process will take a bit longer, but we will certainly post updates on BGG, Gamingreport and our website if this is the case.

Thanks again to everyone who entered!
Best
Curt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Curt! Just trying to keep track of my chances, and enjoying the game along the way. I even managed to get my non-gamer coworkers playing regularly; great game!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Goris
Australia
Croydon
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting with bated breath for the results. What are the chances that one of my entries wins? About 1 in a million.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually about 16 in 100...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, is it safe to assume at this point, that if we haven't heard anything, our encounters weren't selected? Has anyone heard back from Curt?

Also, Is anyone planning on sharing their (non-winning) encounters? I was thinking I might put the 3 encouters I entered here for everyone's amusment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gdapkus wrote:
So, is it safe to assume at this point, that if we haven't heard anything, our encounters weren't selected? Has anyone heard back from Curt?

Also, Is anyone planning on sharing their (non-winning) encounters? I was thinking I might put the 3 encouters I entered here for everyone's amusment.

As far as I know they may still be playtesting and such. I e-mailed Curt last Friday and he said they were down to the top 7...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coble
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are probably having trouble deciding which of my entries they should declare the winner. I hereby give permission to use them both and declare a tie. Heh!

PS That was a joke, not unbridled arrogance on my part. But wouldn't that be cool? (For me, at least.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

Sorry to keep you hanging. We just did final playtesting last night - awesome by the way. I will be contacting people and doing a press release before the end of the weekend.

Sorry for the wait guys. It was a mighty big - mighty fun - task. And we wanted to give every entry its due.

Best
Curt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Of course, now I will be obsessively checking my e-mail all weekend...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The really sad thing is, I'm still hoping I might receive an email since there hasn't been an update yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coble
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smirky takes really long weekends....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gdapkus wrote:
The really sad thing is, I'm still hoping I might receive an email since there hasn't been an update yet.

Hear, hear...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At long last - all the results are in. Check the new post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.