Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several ways in the game to have your number of civic actions (white tokens) reduced. How is it handled when this reduction results in having too many cards in hand?

My interpretation is that you cannot DRAW cards in excess of the hand size limitation, but that is the only time it is enforced. So, I think you keep the cards in hand and play out of your hand, not drawing new cards until/unless you have a vacancy with respect to your hand limit. There is no provision for discarding cards, and I couldn't find anything in the rulebook indicating that you should.

Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the rules explicitly handle that situation, Chester. This is one reason they use the somewhat tortured language they use ("if you have at least as many cards as your number of Civil actions, you cannot add another card"), rather than the simpler, "your hand size limit is equal to the number of Civil actions".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.