Amun-Re» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2-player variant attempt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krisse Holm
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have to say that Amun-Re is one of my all time favorites, thus it gets alot of play; that is to say: When there's enough people. I think Re shines with 5 but it's almost as good with fewer players too.

So, I've been rotating this idea for a two player variant for a while and thought to see what you fine people think of it. Here goes:

- Both players take two sets of tokens (probably better if you can replace them with unified colored cubes, since they represent only one player)
- Both players take 30 money / 1 master builder card / 1 8 gold card
- Deal 4 provinces up for auction each round, both players get two provinces to deal with per round, thus the extra money etc.
- It will be harder to complete sets of pyramids when playing this way, so; keep the 3 points for a complete set operational, but adjust the reward for most pyramids on each side of the nile to 3 points. It will also be harder to complete the points-card requirements since you will be holding 6 provinces after round 3 and 6, but they are still possible to get; you need to adjust the quantities for them though; say, 16 farmers for the farmer bonus and 10 for the powercard-bonus.
- You also get 3 points for most farmers totaled from all your provinces, another 3 for the total number of pyramids.
- Since there's only two players sacrificing, you need to adjust the nile flood meter a little: lower than zero = 1, 0-7 = 2, 8-15 = 3, over 15 = 4
- The starting player goes normally, the highest bidder bids first on the next round. Also, when bidding, you bid for the two provinces in a single action, then the other player goes etc.
- finally, at the end of the game, reward the player with most gold with 4 points and the runner-up with 2

Ok that's about it, let me know what you think and if you can come up with improvements, we will test this out on the near future with my spouse and see if it works as well in reality as it does in my head =))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... did it work out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.