United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
So ya think Texas is important to Obama? I've received no less than 9 phone calls this weekend from the volunteer team, and the phone has been ringing off the hook today... I stopped answering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the end, taxation without representation, evil job-stealing-foreigner style, has advantages. Tell them this: 'dont speako ingleso, soy ilegal pocas quesadillas', and they might leave you alone. Even a caller that understands Spanish will have no idea of what you're talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

For the first time today, I am proud of BGG. I believe we can change the way we post and make a difference to this thread, because not only do I believe in change and stand for change, I believe we are on the road to real change. We are, after all, in this thread together. The promise of BGG is that we can and must be the tide that lifts every thread; that we rise or fall as one community of geeks; that our gaming is strongest when BGG grows and gaming is spread as widely as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Radio has been playing Obama/Clinton commercials non-STOP.

Its getting in the way of the Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" ads!!!!! cry

Seriously, I'll be glad when this is over. Then just a few months until November...

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

For the first time today, I am proud of BGG. I believe we can change the way we post and make a difference to this thread, because not only do I believe in change and stand for change, I believe we are on the road to real change. We are, after all, in this thread together. The promise of BGG is that we can and must be the tide that lifts every thread; that we rise or fall as one community of geeks; that our gaming is strongest when BGG grows and gaming is spread as widely as possible.

Your message about change in it's many vairations touched me deeply inside where my hope for change, of any sort, is rooted... bound by the chains of hopeless lack of change that has failed to energize the change we need as a community to build a new vision of hope for the future.

Thank you Isaac, for speaking so concisely and clearly about the need for change... my fondest hope is that the change we all want happens and banishes the lack of hope from our future as a gaming community whose very foundations are cast in the anchors of hoping for change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
So ya think Texas is important to Obama? I've received no less than 9 phone calls this weekend from the volunteer team, and the phone has been ringing off the hook today... I stopped answering.

Now you know how I felt before the Florida GOP Primary. Over a dozen phone calls each day from Mitt, Rudy, John, Mike, and Ron. At least I felt like I was on a first name basis with those guys.

Caller ID would keep showing "Political Call" or "1-800 Service." I could avoid those. What got me a couple of times was when there was a "Cell Phone" listing. They were even using cell phone minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

I am actually happy about it. A liberal in Texas does not get this opportunity every day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Wow - I just got a call from Bill Clinton!

I didn't have the heart to tell him I early voted...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

I wonder if he entered the cigar contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bernhardt
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Robo-call or the real deal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
hibikir wrote:
So in the end, taxation without representation, evil job-stealing-foreigner style, has advantages. Tell them this: 'dont speako ingleso, soy ilegal pocas quesadillas', and they might leave you alone. Even a caller that understands Spanish will have no idea of what you're talking about.

Mmmmm. Quesadillas. You know what is really good?

Bacon quesadillas.

I would vote for Obama if he promised me a bacon quesadilla.

Vote for Obama, and I'll hook you up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Man, I love Bill. If he could only run again. All Clinton's are not alike.

I love it. My district is almost 90% republican, so no matter what November will probably not count for my vote as much. But today at the primaries, there was a line out the door for the Democrat primary side, and ZERO on the republican side(Not that it really matters for them anyway) But still, love that voter apathy!

What really struck a chord with me, was all the snide remarks the poll workers were making on the republican side. I quote verbatim:

1. "Well, I guess you dems have to TRY".

2. "You know that that machine is really a shredder, hahaha." <- verbatim!

3. talking to a single republican voter "Yeah, I'm not sure when McCain went democrat"....Uh, Hello. I don't think you are aloud to be talking about candidates as a poll worker.

It was really odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

I understand by listening to callers on talk radio that there are many Republicans voting for Hillary, since she has been deemed to be the weaker of the two candidates.

Yeah, that's the trick in Texas. Being able to vote in any primary. But they say even so, that a very small percentage will actually do that. But then again, I have 3 different republican friends that are voting for Obama today and in November. The wave is catchy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I love it. My district is almost 90% republican, so no matter what November will probably not count for my vote as much. But today at the primaries, there was a line out the door for the Democrat primary side, and ZERO on the republican side(Not that it really matters for them anyway) But still, love that voter apathy!

I understand by listening to callers on talk radio that there are many Republicans voting for Hillary, since she has been deemed to be the weaker of the two candidates.

Edit: Republicans in Texas, because of the way the primary is run, they can cross party lines.

Don't agree with it myself, I say let the Democrats choose their nominee. Having said that, Democrats in Florida voted for McCain since he was widely viewed as the weakest candidate in a very tight 4-way race. The momentum from the Florida win helped him eek out a win on Super Tuesday and secure the Republican nomination.

You will remember that Democrat voters in Florida were disenfranchised by the national party committee, and delegates from Florida were not going to be seated at the national convention, so a vote for a Democrat was pointless.

The Florida Republican primary was closed to registered Democrats and Independents so I highly doubt there was much cross-over.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/horseraceblog/2008/01/how_m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Man, I love Bill. If he could only run again.

If I recall correctly, he can. He can serve as many terms as he wants, just not more than two consecutively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

If I recall correctly, he can. He can serve as many terms as he wants, just not more than two consecutively.

That would be great but the 22nd Amendment states 2 terms ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
quozl wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Looks like I remembered incorrectly. Thanks for correcting me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
quozl wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Looks like I remembered incorrectly. Thanks for correcting me!

If you hadn't apologized, you'd have had my vote. The first thing a president has to be able to do is ignore the constitution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
The first thing a president has to be able to do is ignore the constitution!

I thought it was lie convincingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Or, is it lie convincingly about ignoring the constitution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Edit: Republicans in Texas, because of the way the primary is run, they can cross party lines.

Don't agree with it myself, I say let the Democrats choose their nominee. Having said that, Democrats in Florida voted for McCain since he was widely viewed as the weakest candidate in a very tight 4-way race. The momentum from the Florida win helped him eek out a win on Super Tuesday and secure the Republican nomination.

You will remember that Democrat voters in Florida were disenfranchised by the national party committee, and delegates from Florida were not going to be seated at the national convention, so a vote for a Democrat was pointless.

As a genuine independent voter * who votes issues and people, not parties I am think the open primaries are a great idea. I would like to give the parties my input on which people I would be willing to consider voting for. And I think they would want to know.

I hear about people supposedly sabotaging primary elections with crossover voting but I really can’t imagine that there are enough idiots like this to really sway an outcome in the fashion they want to. I recall a staunch liberal friend of mine in MI registering as a Republican so she could vote for Buchannan many years ago in hopes of weakening the Republican party, it seemed to me all she did was give Buchannan power to push his more conservative issues and make them planks at the Republican primary. It isn’t like he ever really had a chance to be the nominee, but his pulling of 4-5% of the vote gave him a voice.

In this election, what if she wins the primary and then wins the White House? One should never vote for somebody you wouldn't be ok with if they won.

Personally I am just thrilled that one of the parties has given me a semi-moderate who has proven he is willing to work in a bipartisan manner to vote for this year!! Now if only McCain would pick Lieberman to be his running mate we might actually get government leadership that would actually try to work together for the next 4 years. Ok I know I am dreaming, but hey, this is the land of dreams.

*In 6 national elections I have voted in, I split party wise 3/2/1 or 3/3. (at this moment I can’t remember for sure if I still voted Ross Perot after he did his I’m out, not I’m in trick. I was committed to voting to him originally, but I remember vacillating a lot after he pulled that stunt.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

9 calls? Thats it? I have been receiving about 8 calls a day for the past month from both camps! One of the Obama calls even had the balls to say that they were reaching out to the Hispanic community...the problem is...IM NOT HISPANIC!!! I want to ask these Democrats their stance on Racial Profiling! I feel its a bit hypocritical that they can hamstring our police force, but its fair game for them...but I digress...

-ikiru

*enjoy the sauce*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
In this election, what if she wins the primary and then wins the White House? One should never vote for somebody you wouldn't be ok with if they won.

Reminds me of Power Grid.
"Never choose a plant for auction that you wouldn't take."

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Looks like the phone calls didn't work as Texas appears to have voted for someone to answer the phone instead of voting for change.

But without change, who will be able to afford to make a call on the phone at 3 am?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What really struck a chord with me, was all the snide remarks the poll workers were making on the republican side.

Try getting handed a Democrat ballot in Massachusetts and asking for a Republican one instead. You get similar remarks, trust me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.