Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Ok, I had asked about having some better 'scans' for this, but since NOBODY had deigned to produce these, now I shall just GO with what I have available.

Now, the next question to arise is WHAT have they done with the 'checkbox' indicator about where you can submit anything for "modding"?

EDIT: I've "corrected" the images here with the newly annotated ones containing the appropriate and REVISED denominations as indicated from the accompanying remarks below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you Canadian? snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
JackFlash wrote:
Are you Canadian? snore
Just what does that matter? and even if I WERE, then what aboot it eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Robert,

I have almost finished my "AH copy" and have not played my first game yet, but I had already wondered if the 2 Allies sitting on the extremes of the board could be unbeatable by the French. Good to learn that this variant can "correct" for that.

Another possibility, that apparently came with the Columbia edition, is starting with the historical deployment, at least for the Allies. Do you know if somewhere there is such a deployment for the AH edition? It shouldn't be that hard to "reduce" the Columbia setup to the AH units (?).

Miguel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
I need more TIME
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's obvious but I'll point it out anyway . . .

The article has an error in the starting forces for the AH version. The French don't have 6 x 3CV cavalry, they have 3 x 3CV and 3 x 2 CV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
nwhyman wrote:
I guess it's obvious but I'll point it out anyway . . .

The article has an error in the starting forces for the AH version. The French don't have 6 x 3CV cavalry, they have 3 x 3CV and 3 x 2 CV.
Yeah, thanks Neil, as I forgot to mention it as well. thumbsupmeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that made me have a closer look, and there is another error:

Prussian Infantry is 2 x 2CV and 6 x 3CV

Plus something I don't understand. The variant is supposed to help the French, but if they roll 8 or higher they have to win the game as normal but with only 21CV infantry, instead of 25CV normally available? If this is an error, does it apply to the other two options??? (I would guess so, there is a loss of 3CV infantry between each of them, it should read 25CV, 22CV and 19CV infantry, respectively)

Miguel

PS: I have found the historical deployment on pages 7-8 of the Columbia rules (the ones on their site, not the ones here...), I have adapted it to the AH edition and have added it to my file with custom labels plus reference card. A preview:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Alrighty then! I've replaced the appropriate 'pages' with the amended denominations for where that applied on it all now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.