Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Bernhardt
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand jettisoning bombs to avoid SAMS, but the rules state that any non-ARM ordnance is jettisoned during avoidance. Does this include air-to-air missiles like AIM 7's and 9's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Marlett
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
Wherever You Go, There You Are
badge
With no certain future, and no purpose other than to prevail
mbmbmbmbmb
My take is that only non-ARM weapons listed under 16.11 are subject to jettison, since the jettison rule (16.23) is a sub-rule of the "16" section.

bombs
chaff bomb
chaff disp
LGB
EOGB

From a reality perspective, for the SAM avoidance, you need to drop weapons that can't be carried in a high-G maneuver - air-air weapons are designed for high-G loads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bryon
England
New Addington
Croydon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I don't think it's explicitly spelt out, 'ordnance' in the rules refers only to air-to-ground ordnance (although this qualifier is sometimes explicitly used, I guess because 'chaff bombs', for example, might not technically be air-ground). If 'ordnance' did also include air-air weaponry, various parts of the rules make no sense (e.g. 8.2, 8.4, 16.11, 17.12). So AA missiles are not jettisoned (and there is never any good reason for them to be so).

Cheers

Jon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bernhardt
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.