Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is a BOARD game website, but I don't know of any video/PC game web sites with people as diversely-knowledgeable as here.

I'm trying to remember the name of a relatively-older (maybe early-to-mid 90's?) PC game. I can't remember a lot of details, unfortunately, but I remember it being a space-oriented game, where I think you tried to conquer other planets, etc.

The main part that I remember was the planetary invasions. Basically, the attacking fleet ships were kind of coming down the sky in a somewhat snake-like pattern, shooting at the ground, and the ground would shoot back. The ships would basically zig zag back and forth, getting closer and closer, until one side wins the battle. Alas, I don't remember much more than that. I vaguely remember one of the ships being somewhat moon-shaped (maybe something like the Rebel Alliance symbol, kinda sorta), but I may be mixing up another game.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, let me know. For some reason, I was thinking it was something like Armada, but all searches I've done on that name have returned nothing that really matches what I remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I can't help you with the name of the game, try this site:

http://www.squakenet.com/

It's an abandonware search engine that lists all old games, so it's bound that the game you're looking for will be there to download.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Were the ships like giant birds? That was a cool game, but I can't remember it either. In the game I recall, you could either hit a bird's wings or the whole bird. Every few stages there would be an assault on the enemy ship.

I doubt that I was the least bit helpful, but thanks for reminding me of the fun I had playing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb

I have to assume that you're serious. With that description you seem to be talking about either Space Invaders, Galaxian or Galaga. Or any of the host of clones. I think we need something more specific.

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lockridge wrote:

I have to assume that you're serious. With that description you seem to be talking about either Space Invaders, Galaxian or Galaga. Or any of the host of clones. I think we need something more specific.

Good luck.

I'm serious . the game was a bit more involved than Space Invaders, but I can see there may be some similarities to how the "ships" moved, though in this game, it was one long chain of ships zigzaggin rather than rows/columns moving as a block. Probably somewhat "centepedish", i guess.

During the battle itself, you just "watched". I think there MAY have been options for interacting, but you weren't directly shooting. And the battles were only a part of the game itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
Were the ships like giant birds? That was a cool game, but I can't remember it either. In the game I recall, you could either hit a bird's wings or the whole bird. Every few stages there would be an assault on the enemy ship.

I doubt that I was the least bit helpful, but thanks for reminding me of the fun I had playing that.

That one is called phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe one thing that may help is to mention this game wasn't an action/platform type game; I'm pretty sure it was a strategy-style game, and the battle sequence mentioned above was just how the battles were resolved. Again, though, there was limited interaction; even the battles weren't "shoot 'em up" style, but rather that was just the way they were displayed on screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.