Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, is it possible to play this by email somehow? I have a shortage of willing opponents as I learn the system, and feel I need a number of plays under the belt so that I know it well enough to teach my 'non-gamer' crowd (wife included).

Obviously board position can be handled easily by email and by keeping a copy on tabletop, but the card play and randomization part is trickier. Any chance this might get ported to ACTS or something to allow this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is another question out of my wheelhouse. I am blessed to have about a dozen friends that get together twice a week and be a member of CABS. So PBEM is not something I'm real familiar with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PBEM, not to mention just talking about game situations, would have been a lot easier if the board sections were numbered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just didn't think of this game as PBEM when I designed it in 2002. I still think it is too light to play that way, but that's just me. I think if I were to play PBEM I would want something a bit deeper to justify the time. Many years ago I played The Russian Campaign PBEM but never envisioned BSW and ASO Brain etc... during the design process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fast games sometimes are actually fun at a grinding slower pace...

I say this because I actually first learned how to play Magic the Gathering via PBEM in a PBEM league back in late 90's! Yes, strange I know, especially for that game, but you know, it actually worked for the most part fairly smoothly. A friend who was handy with programming had created an elaborate program for this purpose...ahh, the old days.

I doubt I'd get bored playing your game PBEM either.

Anyway, its food for thought. For now, I'll have to solitaire a few times and then beg the wife to try it out...or wait about 2 years until my 6 year old daughter might start to understand the concepts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.