Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wessels
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. We've been playing Container and talking about Container and strategizing about Container at home. It's our new hot favorite.

And my wife has asked me if we could possibly get our hands on those odd-colored but more detailed resin containers that were available with copies of the game at Essen. I know some people have commented here they prefer the wooden containers, but we both think the special ones look very cool and would love to get some.

Is it still possible? I've combed the Valley Games site and there's no mention of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a preorder bonus, but even those of us that preordered don't have them yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't hold my breath.

Read this thread to see how on top of things Valley Games is:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/297858

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fastfingers wrote:
Okay. We've been playing Container and talking about Container and strategizing about Container at home. It's our new hot favorite.

And my wife has asked me if we could possibly get our hands on those odd-colored but more detailed resin containers that were available with copies of the game at Essen. I know some people have commented here they prefer the wooden containers, but we both think the special ones look very cool and would love to get some.

Is it still possible? I've combed the Valley Games site and there's no mention of them.

As I understand it, the original resin containers they received from China were terrible (not the molds, the colors). They were not even close to matching anything in the game, and thus VG asked for new ones. So, to the best of my understanding, the only folks that ever got resin containers are those folks that got the game at Essen. The rest of us that pre-ordered are still waiting for ours. You'd think that VG would have got enough to be able to sell them to anyone that didn't pre-order that wanted to get them, but who knows what's going on with them now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wessels
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
fastfingers wrote:

As I understand it, the original resin containers they received from China were terrible (not the molds, the colors). They were not even close to matching anything in the game, and thus VG asked for new ones. So, to the best of my understanding, the only folks that ever got resin containers are those folks that got the game at Essen. The rest of us that pre-ordered are still waiting for ours. You'd think that VG would have got enough to be able to sell them to anyone that didn't pre-order that wanted to get them, but who knows what's going on with them now.

The possibility that some can be ordered directly from Valley Games is what I'm counting on.

BTW, I seem to be in a minority here, but I've been entirely happy with Valley Games and I was a Die Macher pre-order customer and CC dice customer. My take on things is that VG shows signs of being a young "part time" business.

-Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
fastfingers wrote:
BTW, I seem to be in a minority here, but I've been entirely happy with Valley Games and I was a Die Macher pre-order customer and CC dice customer. My take ok things is that VG shows signs of being a young "part time" business.

Also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fastfingers wrote:
BTW, I seem to be in a minority here, but I've been entirely happy with Valley Games and I was a Die Macher pre-order customer and CC dice customer. My take on things is that VG shows signs of being a young "part time" business.
-Steve

I agree, and I like VG too - I have the dice, Hannibal, Container, and Die Macher. I'm looking forward to a number of their future games. However, I was disappointed with the look and quality of Container. I'm also disappointed that we haven't heard anything on the status of the extra bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the crappy resin containers and was told they would be replaced with resin containers that had the correct colors. That was a long time ago. At this point I'd be happy with the cheap wood containers. They seem to have the time to movoe forward with all of their future products but since no additional money will be made providing these containers (not to mention the generals for Hannibal) that I'm starting to doubt they'll ever get them fixed/created and shipped out. It bums me out because I paid extra for something I never recieved. As a result I won't be buying any games from them in the future for their "Pre-order promos" since they're 0 - 2 as far as actually giving people what they paid for. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to worry, the preorder containers have not fallen off our priority list.

Chris, your post makes it sound like you don't even have the "cheap" wood containers. I assume of course, that you do have them? I would be shocked if your copy came with no wooden containers at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I don't want to sound like wood components suck. Most of my games have them and they're fine. But no, I didn't get wood containers in my copy. If the colors of those containers match the game I would love to get a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very strange, as the wooden containers came with each game, and the plastic ones were simply additions to that.

Would you be so kind as to send an email to "torben@valleygames.ca" and explain what happened, and where we can get replacements to? If you'd like to copy me in, my email address is the same as above, with "kevin" in place of torben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, time for me to eat crow. blush I had the resin containers confused with the ships. I actually pulled out Containers a couple of weeks ago to play it with some friends and I have the wood containers and resin ships. One of my friends hated the game but the rest of us, myself included, thought it was really good. I obviously need a few more plays to get the gist of the process since I came in last place but a definite thumbs up from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.