Subject: Ra - 3rd game (5p) - [session report] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5p game. 3 of them newbies. In my mind, this game sure went fast. I suppose since I'm used to playing 3p and less so 4p games (online and IRL), so I wasn't used to having only 3 sun tiles to bid and having 3 of another player's extra sun tiles to deal with.

game summary
Can't recall much from this game....
-I got a god tile one round, but never encountered a clear opportunity to use it. I already had floods to go with my rivers, a single pharoah wasn't garaunteed to get me most pharoahs, and I'd only be getting a 2nd type of civ.
-another player, one of the 3 newbies used his 2 god tiles to swap 2 tiles from the auction track. AFAIK, newbies tend to not use god tiles, so that's a good thing there
-half the time, the newbies were calling ra. Another nice thing since that IS one of the main elements of the game that gives it its meat. Furthermore so since even though the scoring was explained to everyone, it usually takes at least one full game for newbies people to see the clearest picture in how all the scoring elements ties together and into the game
-Many of my called Ras were getting outbid. Some of them weren't detrimental to me, but again, nice to see some of them calling my bluff

Final Score
me: 60pts!!
others: 40 something, two 30 something, and one 20 something
Some didn't bother to count seeing all my score markers

I wondered how I got 60 points. I HAVE gotten high scores in 3p games playing online and offline (vs AI), but something just didn't seem right. From what I figured out, my scoring went something like described below. Another player passed out the score markers as we read off our totals for each category. I do wish I counted what we got, although in the end, it seems accurate.

Points per category across all 3 epochs...
Gods: 4 – 6
Pharaohs: 0 – 5
Civilizations: 0 (1 to 2 different types for sure)
Water: 18 – 21
Gold: 6 - 12
Monuments: 9 – 10

Well, even without the huge win, it was still another great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.