William Shields
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Because of work I may be moving to Zurich soon (from Australia). This got me thinking: I should see if theres any boardgaming that goes on. English preferred but I speak some German (Hochdeutsch not Schwyzer). I'd be keen to still get my boardgame fix should I move.

I like the more "serious" Euros (Age of Steam, Caylus, etc... check my profile) but anything beats nothing.

BTW why is there no Switzerland forums? If Poland gets one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Zürich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there is a considerable Boardgaming Scene in Zürich.
As far as I know there are 3 Clubs that meet on a regular basis.
I am member of the one that plays heavier Eurogames as you mentioned.
See www.spiele-club.ch for some informations.

Zürich has also 3 Shops that offer Boardgames we like (not only warehouse stuff like Monopoly etc).

I hope to welcome you soon in Zürich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Bischof
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
you could also check www.spielerei.ch (the page is in german) they meet every thursday to play different games. I think most of them speek english as well.

You can also drop me an PM if you like. I work in Zurich so I could easily show you the geek corners of zurich :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tharin
Switzerland
Dübendorf
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Dübendorf there's a dedicated boardgaming / miniatures caffee / club
https://wellplayed.myshopify.com/pages/wellplayed-lokal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniele Mazzoni
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Wellplayed, it's a great place to play board games in English with people, I've been also yesterday and enjoyed my stay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I'm coming to Zurich in April, and was wandering if there are places related to board gaming that I might be sorry if I miss them?
I would like to buy some games and expansions (also, those can be used games), and maybe to play something if there is board game caffe.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Scotti
Switzerland
Thalwil
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I moved here in Zurich area (Thalwil) last October and I'm searching some player or a club where play boardgames.

Do you have some contacts to share?
Thank u!
Riccardo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V R
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Riccardo - check out Wädi Spielt. It is a group who meets 2x per month in Wädenswil (at the Wädi Brau restaurant).

http://www.waedi-spielt.ch/index.php?section=home

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

New Guild for Switzerland

Since BGG doesn't allow new Country-Forums, and not even new Threads on the Europe-level of the forums, I present you: The Guild of Switzerland

Join the guild and make this the place where fellow geeks find answers to questions concerning anything gaming-related in Switzerland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Widmer
Switzerland
Wettingen
Aargau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys cool idea with the guild, I am really curious why we cant have our own thread! But yeah, we will make it work.

I wanted to ask for your opinion, I am thinking about opening a board game café in the likes of Snakes and Lattes here in Zurich and so far I have a lot of feedback from non gamers and that was so far positive.
Now I am looking for your input and feedback.

I know that on meetup.com there are many groups that meet on a regular basis so my question would be, would you all be interested in something like that, a place where we can meet, have a good time and enjoy board games and great food and drinks? Do you think it has space next to established places like wellplayed.ch and others?

Let me know that you think.
Btw if you want to join our little game group, every 3rd friday in Baden.

https://www.meetup.com/The-Zurich-Board-Games-Meetup-Group/e...

Cheers
Berenduin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Berenduin wrote:
Hey guys cool idea with the guild, I am really curious why we cant have our own thread! But yeah, we will make it work.

I wanted to ask for your opinion, I am thinking about opening a board game café in the likes of Snakes and Lattes here in Zurich and so far I have a lot of feedback from non gamers and that was so far positive.
Now I am looking for your input and feedback.

I know that on meetup.com there are many groups that meet on a regular basis so my question would be, would you all be interested in something like that, a place where we can meet, have a good time and enjoy board games and great food and drinks? Do you think it has space next to established places like wellplayed.ch and others?

Let me know that you think.
Btw if you want to join our little game group, every 3rd friday in Baden.

https://www.meetup.com/The-Zurich-Board-Games-Meetup-Group/e...

Cheers
Berenduin

I like the idea, thought myself about it as well (who of us hasn't?).

Board Game Cafés are popping up all around the world, but there are also quiet a few closing down after a short while. (Look for the threads concerning this topic in the BGG forums)
If you have experience in the sector, go for it. Otherwise: Think hard about it. In the end it's a café, and the Gastro-Business is hard in Switzerland.
Anyhow: I believe (/hope) Zurich should be big enough, if you have a good location and know what you are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Widmer
Switzerland
Wettingen
Aargau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the feedback, yeah I know its a tough industry but I also have faith in me and my team even tough we do not have much experience with café's but with board games... We currently have a library of over 5000 games that are playable laugh

Next step will be location, any ideas, tips, recommendations are most welcome.

Where would want to go and play games in Zurich?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniele Mazzoni
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to reach you wherever you open, if it's in Zürich Zone 110
But I guess Oerlikon could be good if city center costs are prohibitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Widmer
Switzerland
Wettingen
Aargau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The location is the most crucial part and Oerlikon is out of the picture. We are thinking about the area of Hardbrücke, Langstrasse or Niederdorf/close to ETH. We want to be Zurich's first board game café and not Oerlikon's

What do you think in respect of food and drinks? And which games should we own for sure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Widmer
Switzerland
Wettingen
Aargau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I created a new thread in the Switzerland Forum of the guild.
Would be cool if you can post your feedback there.

Here is the link...
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/29189009#29189009

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Suwanda
Switzerland
Uznach
SG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys.

Wellplayed (http://wellplay.myhostpoint.ch/index.php) has been operating in Dübendorf very successfully the last few years. It's a FLGS and online shop specializing in English games. It's open for play Tuesday and Thursday evenings and on the weekend (although opening times are about to change). There are a lot of store copies of various games to play and frequent tournaments. Drinks and coffee are available too. Very friendly community. Great place to play and get games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Widmer
Switzerland
Wettingen
Aargau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So after a lot of planning and working, we are happy to announce that the DuBischDra is coming soon to Zurich Altstetten. Keep posted about news and follow us if you like on social media.

Oh and here is our quick introduction video for those who are interested.

Happy gaming
Cheers
Florian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.