Subject: Underlined Numbers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Rahman
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm currently researching ASL and the ASLSKs and I'm wondering what do underlined FP, range and morale numbers mean?

From what I've read underlined FP numbers designate assault fire capability, but what about the others.

From the countersheet scans I've seen units with lots of automatic weapons get underlined numbers, like the German 8-3-8 SMG troopers.

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lucey
United States
Ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In ASL the FP line represents assult fire, the range line represents spraying fire and the morale line represents an ELR exception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rahman
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
So what does spraying fire do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The SK's don't use all of the underlines. They're included on the counters just for compatibility with full ASL.

Underlined FP = capable of Assault Fire. This is the same between SK's and full ASL.

Underlined Range = capable of Spraying Fire. This is NA in the SK's. In full ASL it basically lets you attack two hexes at once, but at half strength.

Underlined Morale = In the SK's, the unit does not ELR. In full ASL, the unit has ELR=5; if that is exceeded there is no substitution, but the squad splits into two broken half-squads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rahman
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok, thanks for the help guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.