Subject: Uno - game #2 - [session report] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A 'variable game'. Players stepped in and out to tend to other things, so we had up to 9 players and as little as 6 players later on. I believe we played 3 rounds. With that many people, people don't appear finish 'out' as often.

Unlike my last game (details here (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/296763), this game went much better. I still lost, but at least I scored MUCH better than that last game. I never played out, nor got to shout "uno", but at least I came close with 2 cards left on several occassions. I had my shares of the wrong side of +4 Wilds and +2 single colors, but the former only affected me 4 times the entire game and half the time, I had a +2 to counter a +2 card (note, we play it such that in order to avoid drawing 2 cards from the +2 card, you need to playa +2 card of your own, which gets compounded to the next player/victim). I actually got reversed skipped at least 8 times AFAI can remember! The player to my left would play a reverse card. When it got around to the player on my right, he would then play a reverse card. Too frustating and too much bad luck! Despite that, I still did well. I didn't have anywhere close to half the deck or some high # of cards when someone finished. My high cards were out of my hands most of the time. My lower range scores certainly reflected that: 19, 11, and 50 (dang reverse ad draw +2 card)

On other notes, 2 players were penalized 2 cards for not saying UNO when they should've. Another player played a +4 wild and lost the challenge. Not a big risk when the person claims not to have that color when he's got around 16 cards in his hand. Another player kept challenging the Draw +2 single color cards. Unfortunately, we had to explain that that can only be done on the wild +4 card.

In the end, to me, the game's more about the table talk (gossiping, socializing... NOT the type forbidden in the rules), so while it's not a very 'strategic' game, it's still just as engaging. That, and when you got a huge crowd, Uno fits the bill without resorting to team games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.