11 Posts

WFF 'N PROOF» Forums » General

Subject: WFF N'PROOF rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: education [+] classroom, [+] [View All]
carol Hopper
msg tools
Hello,
I am looking for the answers to the four bonus problems contained in Section C of the manual, pages 160-164 of the original WFF N'PROOF game. The titles of the four problems are : The Logic Problem, The Relative Ages Problem, The Jack Cracker Problem and The Politics Problem.Anyone know where I can find the correct answers to these problems?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know about the answers, but this gets my vote as "Question of the Month".....

I don't know why but it just struck me as hilarious. Please don't take offense, I have a very crazy sense of humor, and beside, it's way too early in the morning for me to be making sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can provide a link to the questions or even spell them out, some of us might be able to help. I realise that a breakdown of the manual may be on our database, but I'm bone idle, so would appreciate the kick-start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Homatidis
England
flag msg tools
badge
I remember that game from my childhood along with several others from that series. However I have not seen a set in at least 30 years, possibly more. The game is still being made and marketed so you may get an answer by contacting the company directly.

Here is a link to their contact page. http://wffnproof.com/contact.html

If you are in the US, the toll free number might be a good first step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fishhaid
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi there, Face here!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got an old version of the book (1965) but it does seem to have the answers. Let me know how to get it to you and I can send you a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game recently as an interesting educational game artifact; I will try to dig out my copy tonight and get back to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
How delightful!

I did not know this was even in the database.

I have a copy long ago stowed in some dark recess of my basement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carol Hopper
msg tools
No offense taken-one needs to have a sense of humor when working through logic problems as they tend to turn into debates among friends when solving. As these problems tend to become quite involved, I will only list the first two without the questions. The Logic Problem is given the two statements as Premisses 1. Logic is difficult or not many students like logic. 2. If mathematics is easy, then logic is not difficult.. it is valid to conclude....followed by seven questions. The Cracker Jack Problem has four statements as Premisses: 1. If Jack Cracker is in jail, then Jack Cracker is not a nuisance to his family. 2. If Jack Cracker is not a disgrace, then Jack Cracker is in the army. 3. Jack Cracker is in jail, if Jack Cracker is a disgrace. 4. If Jack Cracker is drunk, then Jack Cracker is a nuisance to his family. then it is valid to conclude...followed by fourteen questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 1990 edition, and the problems are on the same pages you describe. The answers are printed upside down immediately after the questions. If you don't have this, message me and I will list the answers for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick work through of the second seems to mean...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
If CJ is drunk, then CJ is in the army.

(Been a while since I did one of these - may have messed up - did it pretty quick.)

ninja

First one looks like:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
If many students like logic then math is not easy.

robot

(edit to add answer to first problem)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I remember this game being in my fourth grade teacher's classroom in 1972-3. He was also the math teacher for the AP block of grades 4-5-6 (they kept all us AP kids in one building to make it easier for the other kids to come beat us up).

Anyway, I never remember anyone ever pulling that game out and playing it. I looked at the rules once and went "huh?", and that was pretty much it. I really wanted to play it, but I'm not sure the teacher even knew how to play it.

The next year I discovered wargames and that's scratched the itch well all these years.

I had no idea that there are 1990 and 2005 printings. Someone must like this thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.