Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wessels
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While playing, we frequently encounter the situation where the bank has less chips (Mouse Money) than is required to re-seed the sack. How are people handling that? Do you divide up what you can evenly or do you start with the largest value first and work your way down until you exhaust available money?

- Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rickard
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that none of the cards are seeded, so there is no bonus for passing. I think this has happened at least once every game I have played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See near the end of the rules.
You don't distribute any chips in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Rulebook, page 7, last sentence:

If, at the end of a round, there is not enough money in the bank to distribute money on all the mouse cards, no mice are placed on the cards at all. In this round, only the player winning the auction gets something: the cats on the row. All player who pass, get nothing from the mouse cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wessels
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea I understood the rule where everyone passes and you don't re-seed. What I was asking about is where during normal play the bank runs out.

I think I heard the answer in the thread above that the rule about cash running out applies even when not all players pass.

Thanks,

- Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quartersmostly wrote:
The rules say that none of the cards are seeded, so there is no bonus for passing. I think this has happened at least once every game I have played.
\

Do you do only 5p games? For me, that's happened twice in a single 5p game, but only in 5p games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Do you do only 5p games? For me, that's happened twice in a single 5p game, but only in 5p games

Did you notice the rule that you don't use all chips as the bank with less than 5 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wessels
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our most common game is 3-player. And I'm doing this from memory, but we set aside 21 chips at the start of the game as the Bank.

When a bag gets taken the chips are refreshed for the 6 and 3 card (amount = the card 3, or 6). It usually happens that during the game the amount available in the bank is less than 9, so even though not all players passed on the previous round, the amount of money available in the Bank is less than 9 so we have to decide how to allocate.

From what I heard in this thread, whenever the money is insufficient to re-seed (less than 9 in a 3-player game), you don't put any money on the cards. We already play with that rule if everyone passes.

I'm certain this scenario happens in every 3-player game we have played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Groth
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Limiting the size of the initial bank, and not reseeding if there isn't enough in the bank, combine to encourage people to bid a little higher. Since if all the bids are low, the bank will run out.

Not reseeding when everyone passes also encourages people to bid higher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.