Popular Tags: [View All]
Jurjan Dijkstra
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi people,
is it possible to see what other geekmodders (specifically images) have voted?
I'm trying to learn how to geekmod images, sometimes I approve an image and it is declined.
I'm trying to learn something, namely WHY was it declined, so I can geekmod better next time.
However, as far as I know you can't find out the different votes from your geekmod history.
It only shows you the result, and your own vote.
Now, I don't want / need to know WHO voted WHAT, I'm just interested in seeing why this particular image was approved or declined.

Is there something I've been overlooking?

Thanks for your time,
Jurjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't think there's stuff like that. just do more modding, you'll learn what's likely to be declined. it comes in waves however. some weeks, people are very picky about 'badly croped/badly rotated', other times this doesn't seem to be an issue with anyone.

read the guidelines, and try the best you can judge if you think it should be approved. do not try to vote with the masses, this is about making sure not wanted stuff isn't accepted, not about earning GG. this will come 'in the meantime'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurjan Dijkstra
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,
I was afraid of that answer.
I was hoping it would be more, you know, like, scientific... (LOL)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo van der Horst
Netherlands
Capelle aan den IJssel
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can make it more scientific. Just formulate a hypothesis, and test it by modding and looking at the results (approved, not approved).

Or........you can do what most of us do, which is just try our best at modding. It'll get better with experience. I can remember being just as lost as you are now, but after a few dozen (or hundreds ) images it became more clear to me what properties images need to have to be accepted. (I've modded close to 5000 images now, with about 80% overall accuracy.)

BTW: hoi Jurjan!

Ivo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurjan Dijkstra
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ivo.

I know, I know.. practice makes better..

still, I'd like to SEE why images get declined.

aahhhh well.. live and learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I asked similar questions when I first started. The impression I get is that the guidelines are intentionally left a little vague. The idea is to make you use your own judgment within some limit and err (IMHO) on the side of accepting. If you are really unsure, just press skip. Relatedly, there is really nothing to say that others who (dis)approved were correct and you were wrong. It may be that you caught something that others missed (positive or negative).

Second, pictures that are blurry/corrupt get agreement pretty easily as declines. The tough ones come in categories like "too similar." I have yet to find a standardized idea of what "too similar" means. I use my best judgment after looking at the photos that are already in the gallery and sometimes (only sometimes) my fellow geeks agree with me.

Third, I totally agree it would be great if you could see the other votes even on the ones that got accepted. It would make you question whether you looked at the image closely enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.