Popular Tags: [View All]
Aram
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know anything about CLS Games in Atlanta. I got a sale notification about Galaxy Trucker which seems too good to be true... It states:
GALAXY TRUCKER (in stock NOW!)
CGE Edition from Rio Grande Games

Order Galaxy Trucker for only >> 29.95 << when you also order any 3 of the following:

* Freya's Folly (Mint)
* Caveman (Mint)
* Brass (Mint)
* Kingsburg (Mint)

SHIPPING (total for all four games)
Continental U.S. - FedEx: 19.95
International (Including AK & HI) - USPS Priority Mail: TBD

It seems WAY too good to be true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dean
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Amish Tech Support
mbmbmbmbmb
We all know what they say about things that are "too good to be true."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farid Widjaya
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've read around here CLS is legit. Keep in mind you have to buy one of the 3 games listed there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    I believe it says you are required to purchase at least three of the four listed. At that point they're shuffling the discounts on four games around so that it heavily favors the one, so the deal is coming a bit more into line with the market. They get a minimum four-game sale and establish you as a customer.

Sag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marena Tiano
United States
Arlington
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered from them on three separate occasions. All three times, the items were shipped promptly and well packaged. Although you pay for shipping, I still find their prices competitive. Personally, I like the bargain discounts they have been offering. Since they can't discount FRED games, this method is a work around that makes these items more consumer friendly. I got a good price on Brass last week and ended up ordering five games to minimize the impact of shipping costs.

With the new pricing models that manufacturers are coming up with, I have decided to limit my purchases of those games to maybe one or two a year. That is good news for RGG & Zman, because they will be getting more of my purchase dollars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an Atlanta resident I've bought fro CLS directly and had an A+ experience. I also have a friend who has made several purchases from CLS and all transactions were great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He also has a dealer table at the Atlanta Game Fests where I have purchased several hundred dollars worth of games at great prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RSolow is the "frontman" for CLS games here on BGG. I've ordered from him before and like the previous poster said, found his services to be well-packaged, well-shipped, and on-time. And that's across the country to Oregon. I would definitely use him again. I also found rsolow to be a personable kind of guy, if a bit abrupt (on the other hand he probably finds me to be personable but verbose--just stop typing!!! laugh ) He doesn't mince words but he certainly gets the job done. You do pay for shipping but his game prices are ever so much more competitive than Funagain's.

If he's offering the bargain, I'd take it--if I were interested in the games. He (and CLS) gets thumbsupthumbsup way up from me.

MJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so where is their website??

I did cls games in Atlanta and it redirected me to bgg seller, do not even see brass or caveman for sale in his list

thanks for direction or website info!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McHugh
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used cls and have to say Robert is very helpful and if you have any questions just e-mail him and he will respond. His communication is top notch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say it was too good to be true... GT's discount isn't all that great once you factor in that 3 of the four titles he has listed, MSRP at $60, which is what he's selling in for. Kingsburg is actually a good price though. It's like a shipping discount for bulk orders, but it's sweetened with a highly sought after, cheap game.

I've ordered from Rob at CLS too. Civ:TtA, Twilight Struggle and Brass. His prices are usually really good, but his shipping is a little high. The only reason I ordered from him is that he was offering free shipping when you pre-ordered TtA, so I stacked the other two on it and paid the diference... which was reasonable. His communication was great and he shipped TtA as soon as he got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Collins
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
THey are a legit company and "thank goodness" a good break from funagain. They seem to have the same exclusive titles. I bought through the ages from them and it arrived before others got theirs from fun again.

I also just bought galaxy trucker and pandemic from them which arrives today. They are very good with communication, and have fair prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from CLS games and not only was the game shipped quickly, and well packaged, there was a problem with the way I submitted my paypal payment. I immediately received a call from Robert, and we worked through everything neccassary for the game to be shipped out.

I can't recommend them enough

LA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Their shipping is insane. You always have to factor in shipping for the deal. Plus, they always try to push other games they have on you, usually with only average prices.

Still, it seems to be legit, and I've talked to someone who lives near the owner of the store -- so he gets all the deals without paying shipping (the biggest problem with the company).

I was going to buy a few games from them before I saw their "hidden" fees. Plus, they advertise a lot in the "deal" sections, despite it being against the "rules."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add my echo. I have purchased from Robert in the past and it has always been a good experience. I will purchase from him in the future without worries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Griffin
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You CAN'T go wrong with Bob in or out of Atlanta. Friendly, fast, and always seems to have things in stock when you want it. A++ seller and game geek. His website is CLSGAMES.com for whoever was asking for it, it just links you to his marketplace on BGG however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WARNING: Ordering from CLS Games can be hazardous to your back...and wallet!

I also pre-ordered Through the Ages from CLS and another game to use the 10% discount. While waiting for TtA to be released, I added a few games here and there to the order. What I eventually ended up getting was a monster-sized box loaded with 13 games or expansions.

You have been warned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Shaw
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more big vote for Bob at CLS -- he is very helpful and reliable. I have ordered from him only twice, but expect that the number will go up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
widjayaman wrote:
From what I've read around here CLS is legit.

Indeed we are a legitimate business and will likely become CLS Games Inc. before the end of the year. We have a BGG Marketplace rating of of 536 (with no negative feedback). It is our understanding that the 536 rating is currently the highest at BGG (someone please let us know if we are mistaken) -- not too bad for only being a BGG retailer for 13 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a little wary about buying from them (it was my first purchase using the marketplace here on BGG) but not only did I get my game which I couldn't find anywhere else (LNOE) I received several personal updates from them regarding the purchase.

I cannot recommend them enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Stexe wrote:
Their shipping is insane. You always have to factor in shipping for the deal. Plus, they always try to push other games they have on you, usually with only average prices.

The shipping is not insane, it's the actual shipping cost, and since it's FedEx you'll be getting your order hella quick. And they don't "push" anything, they simply check out your wishlist and let you know what they have in stock & at what price, as adding a game or 2 means a minimal shipping increase, not paying 2x or 3x the shipping price, thus saving you even more money. It's far from "pushing" anything, I consider it a right helpful service. Not everyone can be Amazon and give away the store with free shipping deals. So unless the good doctor is selling our private info to Al Qaeda, I don't have a single reason to not shout his praises from the nearest rooftop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Bad, right?
badge
(o)
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to hear all the comments about who the seller is, but I'm more interested in whether this is a good deal or not. Pretty difficult to judge with the volume that is required to be purchased. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice anti-shill, Stexe. Although I have never purchased from CLS, I have near purchased and their quoted shipping costs are actual, so perhaps you should state that Fedex charges are insane and CLS passes those costs onto the buyer... which as a business, is a way to stay in business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, as one who was critical of CLS in the past, I have no problem with the transparent posting of the combo deals here. For those who, for example, want both Freya's Folly and Pandemic, it is a useful post. If it is clearly labeled in the subject, like the recent one was, then anyone who is not interested can easily pass it by. If it was like some recent posts and said, just "Pandenic- $1.95" that would be different and quite disingenuous.

Also, since CLS does business exclusively through the BGGM, that means BGG is getting a decent cut of the business and there should be no problem with CLS "deals" getting posted here. He may be actually paying more than if he bought ads and had a storefront elsewhere.

The shipping is high, whether it is actual cost or not. Customers just have to take that into consideration and if the shipping cost makes the order not good enough, buy elsewhere.

With an apparent change in some policies having occured, I may consider CLS for future purchases. However, I am quite happy with my current main online vendor (GameSurplus) and only go elsewhere if there are things I cannot find there. I may check CLS in those cases from here on out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akrat wrote:
Nice to hear all the comments about who the seller is, but I'm more interested in whether this is a good deal or not. shake

A great question. We would offer two criteria by which one should judge the "goodness" of this offer:

1. AVAILABILITY -- Of the 5 games mentioned in this thead, Kingsburg is probably the most widely availble. Brass, Caveman, and Frey's Folly are harder to find. Brass is sold out at the publisher, but will likley be reprinted later in 2008. It is still available at retail, but many places are sold out of it. Galaxy Trucker is currently the hardest of the game to find (it look like only 100 or 200 copies were sent out by Rio Grande with this first release), though it will be the easiest title to find come late April. Thus, if you are looking for at least 4 of the 5 games, their availability (assuming price competativeness) from a single source makes this a good deal for you.

2. PRICE -- The 3 FRED Distribution titles are price controlled by FRED so you will pay the same anywhere you go:

* Brass = $59.95
* Caveman = $59.95
* Freya's Folly = $59.95

Our regular price on Kingsburg ($34.95) is 42% off MSRP. Most retailers and BGG Marketplace vendors have it in the $37-$39 range. Thus, our price on it is very good (and perhaps the best), but certainly not low enough to make you lose bladder control.

Lastly, we have come to Galaxy Trucker at $29.95. That price is over $30 less than the only other BGG marketplace vendor who has it for sale ($62.99). Other retailers who do not have it in stock (but who are taking pre-orders on it) have it at $48 and higher.

IN SUMMARY -- At the risk of stating the obvious, if you are interested in only Galaxy Trucker, spending all the extra money to pick up unwanted titles does not make a great deal of sense. You should either pick-up Galaxy Trucker now as a lone item or place a pre-order for it. However, if the other titles in this offer were ones you were considering buying, then this would be a great opportunity to do so. Individually, the prices on the games we offered as part of this sale are equal to (in the case of the FRED products) or lower (Kingsburg) or much much lower (Galaxy Trucker) than you will find elsewhere. And, given the aforementioned availability issues with some of the titles, we are the only retailer that currrently has all 5 in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.