Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks! Wanted to see if anybody is interested in trying to start up an on-line gaming "group" for this game. I haven't had too much success in finding local opponents... I'm not talking about a game through e-mails - but real time gameplay through the internet.

I have played both the classic and CotE II rules a couple times each, so I'm pretty familiar with the rules (if not strategy). I have been playing War of the Ring with a guy here from BBG and we've had several very successful games over Instant Messaging, and I'd like to try to play this one, as well. For WotR, I just leave my board set up in my room, and it's pretty easy to keep track of army movements, cards played, etc. Games might take a considerable amount longer to play (due to typing, occassional miscommunication, etc), but otherwise it's been great!

Biggest thing with playing IM is that you have to be willing to "trust" your opponent as far as dice roll results, so if you're that worried about cheating, then I guess it's not a good medium to play through for you.

I'm currently in Japan, so time difference for U.S. folks could make it tricky to get together, but I have a somewhat flexible schedule and can accomodate to East Coast-Pacific time zones fairly easily.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm not familiar with this game, and right now don't have the time...but the idea of a real time instant message game session sounds great...i think it'd require some music or a movie in the background though!

good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben W
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sounds like a decent enough idea for folks in over the Date Line or here in NA. I'm quite busy, but I would add if you could get participants to set a webcam up overlooking the board you wouldn't have to worry about dice rolls, since most IM programs have a webcam function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.