Popular Tags: [View All]
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I am mistaken, I believe that that last 'official' update regarding the status of RPGGeek was made by Aldie in August 2007. Anyway with the recent event that brought RPG discussions (and specifically ones about D&D) to the forefront, I was wondering if Aldie would be willing to chime in on his progress relating to his work on RPGGeek. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
In general, all of the changes made to the site these days are working toward this goal. Most recently, the complete forum rewrite may not look particularly different from the point of view of the users, but under the hood it offers the flexibility for moving beyond board games. There are a few more such things to be fixed before RPGs are up, but it is definitely getting closer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Actually, this is the third time in the last month or so that I've answered this particular question.

ninja

But I will say that based on a conversation that I had with Aldie just this weekend, I think we could see RPGGeek.com in the coming month or two.

goo

How's that for a scoop, folks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Indeed quite a scoop, Derk. That means that Aldie finally will have time to fix all the other bugs left behind ninja. Yippeeee!!! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derk wrote:
Actually, this is the third time in the last month or so that I've answered this particular question.

ninja

But I will say that based on a conversation that I had with Aldie just this weekend, I think we could see RPGGeek.com in the coming month or two.

goo

How's that for a scoop, folks?

Considering the much greater role that expansions play in RPGs, does that mean that explicit expansion support will be better integrated in BGG too? Such as...

* Main game base page with the expansions and new versions linked in the database, not just from the wiki description
* Support for reporting games played with expansions
* Some new algorithm that takes ratings for multiple versions and boils it down to one number in the base game. My thought for this one: each user's rating is the max of his rating for any of the versions of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you check a screen shot of the front page here from April 1st 2007 you'd see that the RPG version of this site was implemented. Unfortunately, technical difficulties have kept it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alkaiser wrote:
If you check a screen shot of the front page here from April 1st 2007 you'd see that the RPG version of this site was implemented. Unfortunately, technical difficulties have kept it down.

Swweet. This will be huge for the site. The mods will have their hands full, but bgg/rpgeek will probably become THE integrated site for table top gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
If RPGGeek does for my RPG gaming what BGG did for my boardgaming, I'm in for a treat once the site starts. Can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's too bad that Aldie wasn't able to time the release of RPGGeek to coincide with the recent release of 4th edition D&D.

Anyway, here's to hoping that RPGGeek is coming sooner, rather than later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
If RPGGeek does for my RPG gaming what BGG did for my boardgaming, I'm in for a treat once the site starts. Can't wait.

If RPGGeek does for my RPG gaming what BGG did for my boardgaming, I'll never get any work done ever again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.