Popular Tags: resolved [+] version_1_question [+] [View All]
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Is it possible to Cower after you Run Away from a Zombie and go into a room you have already been? I would think not because Cowering looks to only happen if a "turn sequence has completed in a room." Since a Development Card was never resolved due to Running Away, the turn sequence was not completed, and the player is not allowed to Cower.

2) Yet another question about Zombie Doors. In the situation described in the rule book, does the turn order go like this: Place the Bathroom tile, creating a deadend; Resolve the Development Card; 2 Zombies create a new wall opening; Either fight the 2 Zombies or run past them into the new room taking only 1 point of Health from a swipe. Does that sound right?

I've been enjoying this game! I use a d6 to keep track of my current Attack strength and a d8 to keep track of my Health.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
1) Is it possible to Cower after you Run Away from a Zombie and go into a room you have already been? I would think not because Cowering looks to only happen if a "turn sequence has completed in a room." Since a Development Card was never resolved due to Running Away, the turn sequence was not completed, and the player is not allowed to Cower.
You may cower after running away (and you probably want to). The turn has been resolved for that room, it just happened that the turn didn't include drawing a card.

Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
2) Yet another question about Zombie Doors. In the situation described in the rule book, does the turn order go like this: Place the Bathroom tile, creating a deadend; Resolve the Development Card; 2 Zombies create a new wall opening; Either fight the 2 (edit, this should be '3') Zombies or run past them into the new room taking only 1 point of Health from a swipe. Does that sound right?
Yes, this looks right.
-Play tile (deadend)
-Resolve as normal (regular card, possible room text)
-Zombie door

Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
I use a d6 to keep track of my current Attack strength and a d8 to keep track of my Health.

A fine idea. A couple of players have thought of something like this, and it never occurred to me in my many playtest games. Good thinking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kenton
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WoW! Cowering after running away is a brilliant idea! It's like a free 2 health!
So, I all most want Zombies to show up so I can boost my health?

Have I read this right?

Sorry to re-ignite a 5 year old thread but I've only just discovered i have a Zombie in my Pocket!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You lose one health when you run away (the zombie swipes at you as you run away). So, you're losing health by running away. Plus, when you cower, you always discard a card, so you're losing time.

Does that answer your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.