Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Senior Game Developer at CMON
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I might be doing a stupid question but anyway,

When reading the english rules of this new version, I have seen that you are supposed to split 2-card stacks in the three spaces marked on the board. (6 cards)
Rules say, a little ahead that "you should do a 4th stack with the same size as the others and shuffle them.

But, somewhere along the line, I have read that the 2 and 3 adventures are longer. What am I missing? Because I do know that you use 8 cards for the first flight, but for the 2nd and 3rd all I have seen are those rules stated above.

Are all the flights, 8-card flights?

Andre
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is spelled out under Adventure Cards on page 11.

2nd flight is 12 cards (8 from deck two plus 4 from deck one).
3rd flight is 16 cards (8 from three, 4 from two, 4 from one).

In each case, they are divided into four piles, three that you can examine and one that you can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennard
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at the Rules Summary Cards (the one printed on the board and the double-sided one you cover it with on rounds 2 and 3):

Those card-shaped things under the ship marked I I / II II I / III III II I are the cards you deal into each of 4 piles for each round respectively.
Three piles are dealt before build phase to give players the opportunity to look at 'em, the fourth after build is completed.

Thus, round one has 2x4=8;
round 2 has 3x4=12;
round 3 has 4x4=16.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fel Barros
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Senior Game Developer at CMON
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, that will make my next game much more interesting

ok, I know how many cards, but those piles are made randomly?

I believe that if you have to do piles of the same amount, the 4th pile would be the last one depicted at the card?

And one more question, in case of a special alien cabin get destroyed, you still keep the alien in the cabin?

Thank you for the prompt answer

(I will take another look at page 11)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
ok, I know how many cards, but those piles are made randomly?

I believe that if you have to do piles of the same amount, the 4th pile would be the last one depicted at the card?

The formula for building your 4 "Adventure Deck" piles are:
2 cards of the current round
1 card from each previous round

And if you look at the Flight Board there are 3 spots on the bottom to put the 3 piles you can peek at, I must have played 4 games before this was pointed out to me , I would have never noticed meeple.

Quote:
And one more question, in case of a special alien cabin get destroyed, you still keep the alien in the cabin?

Just so we don't get confused on terms there are the Crew Quarters (where the human or alien lives) and Alien Life Support components (pink/brown) that are attached to the CQ so the alien can live there. If the Life Support gets destroyed then It leaves in an emergency escape pod, of course although my gaming buddies still make screaming sounds for the alien while returning him/her/it to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
FakeDutch wrote:
Well, I might be doing a stupid question but anyway,

When reading the english rules of this new version...
Andre

This isn't a new version. It's still the very same printrun as the games available at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.