Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agustin Kapuno
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can a lieutenant use monster spawn cards in an encounter even though he has the Reinforce ability? Is he limited to the types of creatures he can spawn based on his Reinforce ability?

2. If the heroes go to the Overlord's Keep in the Final Battle and a lieutenant (or lieutenants) is there also, does it (or they) get to participate in any of the dungeon levels? Does it get to Reinforce the Overlord's Keep dungeons with its Power card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Hermans
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. I would say so, since you did not buy that treachery for nothing, did you? I would use the reinforce rules for where they spawn though.

2a. I don't think lieutenants ever participate in a dungeon
2b. But since the last battle is a dungeon I would say they can reinforce it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Shaw
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Below is my interpretation, recall the Rulebook says use JitD rules unless specifically overridden by RtL rules.

1. Yes you may play any spawn card you "bought". Spawn as per line of sight rule in JitD.

2a. Lieutenant appears only in encounters.
2b. Lieutenant may only reinforce dungeons if one trail away on map, so Dungeon and Rumor. Since the Overlord's Keep happens as a special end game sequence, don't think Lieutenant can reinforce it. Need official clarification though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Volle
France
Le Versoud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that the Overlord's Keep plays like any other dungeon except for the fifth level so I'd say that lieutenants can reinforce the Keep.
However, the rules also say that the Final Battle is a duel between the heroes and the Avatar, and that the Overlord has to discard all his cards. Ok, but does that include Power cards currently in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it any Power card in play that would help the OL Avatar in his fight ?

Perhaps the power dice upgrade... but I have the feeling he wont lack a lot of dice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In the section "Encounters Involving Lieutenants", page 16, in the second paragraph it is stated that
Quote:
"Cards in the overlord's hand may be used normally during the encounter, either played or discarded for threat."

Therefor, I would say "yes" you can spawn normally. Since it is impossible to gain additional cards during the encounter you will have only a minor benefit, however, the Reinforce ability will give you the opportunity to field more foes to aid your lieutenant.

I have several question related to this:
1. regarding this part in the rulebook (page 16)
Quote:
"Additionally, two cards without a treachery cost can be added to his hand for one threachery of the correct type"
Treachery cards, by definition, are selected. However, are these "non-treachery" cards selected or drawn randomly?

2. regarding the reinforce ability:
Do the numbers indicate a reinforce limit per turn, or in total. Can the indicated types be mixed and matched at will or bought per type.
Example:
Sir Alric farrow has "2 beastmen, 2 razorwings, 2 hell hounds, 1 sorcerer". Could he reinforce with 1 beastmen, 2 razorwings and 1 sorcerer for 16 threat in one turn? Would this leave him with 1 beastmen and 2 hell hounds as leftover reinforcements or could he for example spawn another sorcerer as long a threat costs can be met?
It will make a big difference if one can field 2 beastmen in total or 2 beastmen each turn.

Alwin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the FFG forum http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffgforums/posts/list/105/1...

I noticed the same question, without it being answered.
Lotec wrote
Quote:
I have some questions about how the Overlord can spend treachery points for overland encounters with Lieutenants.

The Overlord starts with a hand of 0, and spends treachery points "as usual" to take treachery cards. Then it says that additionally the overlord may receive two normal cards instead of a treachery card. It's not clear to me if he gets to pick the normal cards, or just draw them. Also I can't tell if it's an and or an or.

Options for spending 1 treachery point:
(1) Pick a treachery card costing 1 point and pick 2 normal overlord cards
(2) Pick a treachery card costing 1 point or pick 2 normal overlord cards
(3) Pick a treachery card costing 1 point and draw 2 normal overlord cards
(4) Pick a treachery card costing 1 point or draw 2 normal overlord cards

So question 1 in my previous post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
After keeping track of http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffgforums/posts/list/150/1...
the answer to one question has been posted.

inle_badger
Quote:
think the list of minions is what the Lieutenant starts with. After that, he can introduce any number of those types of monsters provided he pays the required threat. But note that he is still only able to reinforce with monsters of the same sort as his starting minions.

RTL rules page 16 courtesy of Thundercles
Quote:
"a lieutenant can Reinforce any kind of normal monster
listed as one of its legal minions
on its lieutenant card. For
example, Sir Alric Farrow can Reinforce Beastmen,
Razorwings, Hell Hounds, and Sorcerers. The threat cost to
Reinforce one monster of a given type is listed below."

So looking forward to the expansion laugh
gr Alwin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.