Popular Tags: clarification [+] [View All]
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What makes this only a 2 player max game where the others are 4 player?

I want to get into WoW and liked this one a lot, (since my friend has the other two "main" sets, but if this one is limited to two players it won't do me any good as a stand alone. (I need 3 regularly)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the limit imposed by the number of maneuver decks. While Famous Aces and Watch Your Back! have four decks (A-D, E-H), Burning Drachens only has two (I, J).

You can either work around that by sharing decks for multiple planes (and writing down the unique number for each card) or by getting (card) boosters or minis. Each mini comes with its proper maneuver deck. The boosters have two maneuver decks apiece, which match the airplanes in the given booster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok grand. looks like this could be a way to go then since I am going to be getting a couple of the minis right away too....and they come with more decks....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well yes, every mini add a maneuvre deck so one more player.

Actually, BD contains AA guns so playing itself in 3 is a good option: one attacker with planes against a team of one defender with planes and one defender with AA guns. This is fun and realistic, since it could happen that a careless AA gunner could hit a friendly plane. It happened or it risked to happen in real life - if you wonder why some Nieuport in our game comes with huge stripes of national colors blue-white-red or green-white-red on the fuselage, that's the reason. As sadly happens still today with the so-called "friendly fire". But since it is not so an active role as piloting planes, we decided that it was better to advertise the game as for 1/2 players and then give the nice surprise of a third role than advertise it for 1/3 players and then hear somebody grumble about the exact definition of "3".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neat-o!!! another fun option!

But once my wife and daughter started looking over my shoulder last night, we ended up getting burning drachens, and 6 minis (they couldn't decide which they liked best).....so we should be all set now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

>once my wife and daughter started looking over my shoulder last night

Beware. That's a chronicle of a family WoW game...
http://www.wingsofwar.it/read.asp?id=3129
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great read! Thanks for the link.

BTW, My daughter did indeed want the plane "with the hearts on it"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we actually had a female target in mind when we choosed it for "Famous Aces"...

To make a Squadreon with it, your wife can take Barker. There are smaller hearts on his tail too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.