Alfredo Lorente
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

The U.N.A. and the Red Blok books make reference to "unit of soldiers" and "infantry unit." There are also references to "combat strider unit," "strider unit," "armored fighting vehicle," and "vehicle unit."

I looked in the errata at at-43.com and in the at-43 pages at Fantasy Flight Games. Zippo. So I now come here.

~ Should I assume there is no difference between "unit of soldiers" and "infantry unit?"

~ I assume there is no difference between "combat strider unit" and "strider unit."

~ I further assume that "armored fighting vehicle" and "vehicle unit" are the same, and until actual vehicles are released, striders are a subset of AFVs.

Are any of this assumptions wrong?

Alfredo Lorente

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
See pages 47 and 48 of the main rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
The following is quoted from the AT-43 forums:

---
Some of the most frequently asked questions on this forum involve the definition of Soldiers vs. Infantry, the unit slots labelled as either "Soldier" or "Infantry" in Platoon patterns, etc. Hopefully this will help clear things up.

AT-43 Rulebook, p. 47 wrote:
Infantry
Soldiers and support units make up the infantry. Therefore all the rules concerning infantry apply to them.

AT-43 Rulebook, p. 48 wrote:
Armored fighting vehicles
Combat striders and vehicles make up the armored fighting vehicles. Therefore all the rules concerning armored fighting vehicles apply to them.

For the Platoon Patterns presented in the various Rackham publications, this means:

• A Soldier slot may be used to field a unit of Soldiers.
• A Support unit slot may be used to field a Support unit.
• An Infantry slot may be used to field either a unit of Soldiers or a Support unit.
• A Strider slot may be used to field a unit of Striders.
• A Vehicle slot may be used to field a unit of Vehicles.
• An AFV/Armored Fighting Vehicle slot may be used to field either a unit of Striders or a unit of Vehicles.
---

Currently we don't have Vehicles or Support units only Soldiers and Striders.

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredo Lorente
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fee_weasel wrote:

I hope this helps.

It helps very much. Thank you. I had bought a few packs to use in different games, and just recently bought the army books -- but no main rulebook.

Alfredo Lorente

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
alfredo lorente wrote:
fee_weasel wrote:

I hope this helps.

It helps very much. Thank you. I had bought a few packs to use in different games, and just recently bought the army books -- but no main rulebook.

Alfredo Lorente

You can download the majority of the main rule book from http://www.at-43.com/pdf_EN/AT43/AT-43_rules.pdf as a PDF. There are few things besides fluff and back story that are missing from the PDF but I can't recall what they are off the top of my head. I found the main rule book well worth the price even after having the PDF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.