Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » General

Subject: Warping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Harris
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys, just pulled this game out last night since it was last played just after halloween and the board, character and scenario cards have warped. The game is always stored properly and I do take very good care of my games. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
This will happen, especially if you leave your game in the cold. Like a car or trunk in the winter.

If the boxes were on a cold loading dock...

This also happened to my games when I lived in Japan (Humidity.)

Any way to fix? Warm room, a table and lots of heavy books?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will happen to game boards, especially if you leave your game in the cold. Like a car or trunk in the winter.

If the boxes were on a cold loading dock...

This also happened to my games when I lived in Japan (Humidity.)

Any way to fix? Warm room, a table and lots of heavy books?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Harris
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, it wasn't left in the cold and it's never been in high humidity which is why I was upset to see that it was warped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. Don't know what to say.

Mine is a bit warped as well, but I left it in my trunk at -35 C for 12 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hauled min out after not playing since Christmas. Mine parts are warping too. My game was not out in the cold but actually stored in the warmest room in my house. I've tried, with little success, to use VERY heavy books to flatten them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

We have seen some warping on occasion depending on your climate (not inside your house, but in the area you live). This is not an uncommon thing when game parts are made out of cardstock that has any thickness to it.

If you find warping on your game parts/boards you can very (VERY) gently twist the cardstock opposite to the direction it is warped in short spurts (twist a little, let go; twist a little, let go - until it is back in shape). This will keep it straight for a while. When/if it warps again you can repeat the process. Over time the cardstock should acclimate to your climate and hold its shape.

If you do need to twist your game parts, I can't stress enough that you should be very gentle (and twist/bend very slowly), otherwise you may damage your game.

Hopefully that helps with any warping issues you may find based on your climate/humidity.

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.