Chistopher Frazier
United States
Barnegat
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I know the Expansion #3 comes with a mounted game board that can be mated with Expansion #2. Does this game board also have the base game board on the other side? In other words, can I buy only expansion #3 and then ony use the mounted game board for my base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - the mounted board in Exp #3 is two-sided. On one side is the standard board, which you can use with the base game. On the other side is half of an "epic" sized board. The same holds true for Exp #2. I bought these in part so I could play base game scenarios with a mounted board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the board is the same. However, Expansion #3 is not really a stand-alone game. It provides more blocks for the Roman armies in the base set and in Exp #2. I'm not sure if there are any scenarios that can be played using #3 without having #2 as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.