Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a used copy of the game, that was missing half the pegs. What I am using is toothpicks with scotch tape around the bottom to make it thicker. I would like to find something more durable as replacement pegs. Do people have any ideas what would work? A local hardware store didn't have finishing nails that are both thin enough and long enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mb
Chopsticks maybe? They may need sanding to fit the holes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Der Das wrote:
Chopsticks maybe? They may need sanding to fit the holes.

I tried some wood skewers that were like chopsticks, they are far and away too wide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
My dad found some sort of nickel plated rod that was a perfect replacement. We cut the pieces with a hacksaw and used a grinder (could have used a simple file instead) to smooth out the rough spots. They're not quite as pretty, but the work very well and aren't too noticeable. (This is for the original, black platform / green vinyl floor model with the metal posts.)
I'll see if I can get more details on the source of the rod.
--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martinka
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Coat hangers? Under the reviews I read one person who used that.

Otherwise I found some 3/32-in brass stock (rods) at my local hardware store that could be cut up and filed - at least eyeballing it looks like that diameter will fit (I have a copy of the game arriving from eBay this week and will test it then).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a drill bit and it was a perfect match. Give it a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Nielsen
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
It's not that glamorous, but there is a shortened lollipop stick in my used copy of Match 4. 2 other missing pegs have been replaced with toothpicks, which don't work very well. However, the lollipop stick does.

By the way, how many discs are there supposed to be of each color, and what is the purpose of a disc with an opening on one side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brycenh wrote:
By the way, how many discs are there supposed to be of each color, and what is the purpose of a disc with an opening on one side?

It's a 4x4x4 grid, so 64 balls total and 32 per side. Not sure what you mean by a disc with a hole on one side - sounds like a manufacturing defect. It would have no useful purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip DeWalt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I’ve seen reasonably priced sets of pegs for this game on eBay. If you’re still needing replacements check there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.