Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind finding out whether skill cards are limited or may be duplicated. Never mind knowing what treasures get meted our when. Never mind about a new FAQ.

The real question is when (if??) The Lord of Player Aids will bestow his wicked design skills to a RtL-centric Descent player aid?

The purchase lists and re-tweaked abilities would be prime fodder I imagine.

Out of curiosity UH (I assume you are reading this because my third grader's intuition tells me that I can summon you if I say your name three times in a mirror), do you wait until you have the full game in your hands before designing them? With games like FFG's where they release the rules ahead of time, do you start designing them then? Does it help to have had a few games under your belt in order to best anticipate sticky points?

Inquiring minds need to know!

----

I think I will post the updates here on the first page to make it easier on those of you interested in the outcome...

Board Games Paradise will be delivering the Coup de Grace (okay, maybe just RtL) to UH's door. The total cost, post conversion, was $71.xx US. I am waiting for my detailed order confirmation (though I got the instant order-placed confirmation and follow-up email).

As I said in another post, if you want to make a donation to the cause, PM me and I will provide you with the paypal details. I cannot confirm or deny, but I believe UH supporters will get a little something for their efforts from the admins...

UPDATE:
The race has finished!! Operation Road to Universal Head has been completed and was a rousing success!

Thank you to everyone who participated (including the offers of microbadges). There were many more folks who wanted to get in on the giving action, but slots filled up fast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard Universal Head bit the head off a meeple once, live in concert! My friends and I would *so* go to see his next tour, but until then we're anxiously waiting for his next album!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Of course, you could just buy some pens and paper and put together a player aid yourself...

The hell you say!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Of course, you could just buy some pens and paper and put together a player aid yourself...

I never thought of that. Great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally sat down and tried making a player aid using my graphics software, some clip-art, and Word.

Every time I typed "Step 1:", the "auto-fill" function would type "download Universal Head Player Aid" , format it to fill the entire page, and put a page break.

I took the hint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The paparazzi have been hounding me lately and I can't get a moment to myself ... just time for a quick reply ...

Fear not, a player aid will magically appear - eventually ... I usually start the work when I get the game, and hopefully tweak it after a game or two as I realise which crucial bits I've missed or need more emphasis.

RtL may take a little while though, as work is slow at the moment and I've sworn off buying new games for a little while until my finances are in better shape. Plus I have a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay session at the end of the month I have to prepare for. Plus I've already had two emails hounding me for a Tide of Iron 'Days of the Fox' update ....

... I've created a monster!

PS The meeple was rubber - I'd never bite the head off a live one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems a real shame that a fellow of your good standing can't acquire a copy of RtL lickity split.

As a very longtime WFRP GM myself (started in '86 with the original), I wholly envy your upcoming game. It's been over two years since I have had the time to create and run a campaign. But that's why I have my heart set on RtL fulfilling at least some level of that RPG goodness...

Perhaps we'll have to find a way to get a copy to you sooner rather than later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
UniversalHead wrote:
The paparazzi have been hounding me lately and I can't get a moment to myself ... just time for a quick reply ...

Fear not, a player aid will magically appear - eventually ... I usually start the work when I get the game, and hopefully tweak it after a game or two as I realise which crucial bits I've missed or need more emphasis.

RtL may take a little while though, as work is slow at the moment and I've sworn off buying new games for a little while until my finances are in better shape. Plus I have a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay session at the end of the month I have to prepare for. Plus I've already had two emails hounding me for a Tide of Iron 'Days of the Fox' update ....

... I've created a monster!

PS The meeple was rubber - I'd never bite the head off a live one.

So that only really leaves 1 logical solution....

Who would like to chip in and buy Universal Head a copy of RtL when it comes out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for 10 percent. 9 more of us and we can make this happen!

In all seriousness, he's easily saved me the whopping 3 or 4 bucks in grief, heartache, and time lost through his various products, and my little drop in the bucket won't even get close to paying for the amount of time he's put into his player aids.

So heck yeah, count me as #1, and let's line up and do this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Colvin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
UniversalHead wrote:
and hopefully tweak it after a game or two

Given that an RtL game is likely to run into months, this ain't good....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By my calculation the game and shipping to OZ would be about US$70.00.

Over the last couple of years I've used UHeads's sheets for every game he's done that I own so $7.00 doesn't seem like to much to pay.

Count me in for 10%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's two! (and maybe we could go crazy and find an Oz 'net store, so shipping wouldn't be as much ) PLUS it'd get there faster! Anybody know any good internet gamestores located in Oz?

Edit: I looked up prices at "Games Paradise" in Sydney, and it'd cost about 70 bucks for the game after conversion. Poor Australians have to pay through the nose, but at least it'd be guaranteed to get there soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin R. Krause
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK! OK!

I will do it and compose you damn player aid with InDesign and of course I will spend no creativity at all and will try to stick to original design as close as possible.

But I will have time for this on this weekend the earliest. Please send me what you want on it.

Best regards

Martin R. Krause
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Baginski
Germany
49074 Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Bucks? For Universal Head?

I'm in, that's for sure.

3 / 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in for my portion as well (of course)... Besides, I didn't partake in BGG Secret Santa so this will be my penance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm touched guys, really. Even if you don't get the numbers it's a damn nice thought!

I often use Games Paradise online, they're great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm touched too! If you find enough people to follow through with this then I will give all the users that contribute a special "I helped get RtL to UniversalHead" microbadge.

I'm no artist, so if anyone wants to offer some designs I'll happily consider them.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
I'm in for $20... just let me know where to send the cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
I'm in for 10%.

Not that I care for a Player Aid for Descent, but the ones he did for Tide of Iron alone are worth some money...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Aw, this is just too cool. Count me in as well for 20$. Just pm me and let me know where to paypal you. I like UH's player aides too, and can't wait to get this game to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Copple
United States
Northfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you're already up to ~80, but if we need more for this, Im in. Just let me know how much and where to send it.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright - so here's the deal.

Mr. Universal Head I offer you the following:

1. I will buy 1 copy of RtL and have it shipped to the destination of your choice (probably using whatever retailer you suggest and seems reasonable - I have no idea which purveyors work best for your region).

2. You will PM me with your details.

3. Any folks interested can paypal me some percentage of the cost. No worries if they don't.

4. You will create the most fabulous RtL handout in the universe.

5. I will reap some karmic reward and not have to return as a pine slug.

6. You promise that if ever I am down in your area, you will buy me 1 beer and perhaps name some nasty, ragpicking bone collector after me in your WFRP campaign.

Update: alternatively, I (we all) can paypal you directly and let you acquire the game that way. What is your preference? Keeping in mind, I don't mind putting the order in and covering the cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Orr
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
I hunger!!!
badge
Galactus wants to know if you have been Naughty or Nice
mbmbmbmbmb
If you still need funds, I am good for $10. Just let me know the paypal address via geekmail.

-Brett
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So now we need an update to know if we're sending our donations to Dead Eye Dick or Universal Head directly. Plus ... um ... how does one send a PayPayl donation to an e-mail address, or somethin'? I've never sent a private one. Feel free to send me a geekmail and explain the process to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am waiting to hear back from UH about what he wants to do (I certainly don't want to order it without having his destination info).

As soon as I know, I will post here.

And you are exactly correct - you would PayPal the donation directly to the email address (so long as that email address is tied to a paypal account). For example, if my email addy were: noexist@domain.com and I had a paypal account tied to that address, you can send $5, $50, $1000+ to that email address via paypal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.