Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Khronos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resolution sequence for hierarchy/dominion checks in multiple ages? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Schell
United States
Hollis Center
ME
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I join two (or more) dominions in the Age of Might and this causes a chain of 2 or more downsize events in the Age of Might (through divisions and heirarchy conflicts).
The rules state that the downsize is immediately carried out in the future ages (Faith and Reason). However the rules aren't clear (unless I missed it) about whether or not the effect of the ripple-downsize on the rule of hierarchy is also resolved immediately in the age of Faith.

In otherwords, if I initiate a domain merge in the Age of Might that causes multiple buildings in that age to downsize, how do I handle this? Do I:

A.)
1. Downsize the first building in the Age of Might
2. Ripple the first downsize into the Age of Faith and Age of Reason.
3. Immediately resolve the hierachy conflict this may cause in the Age of Faith.
4. Downsize the second building in the Age of Might
5. Ripple the second downsize into the Age of Faith and Age of Reason.
6. Immediately resolve the hierachy conflict this may cause in the Age of Faith.

OR

B.)
1. Downsize the first building in the Age of Might
2. Ripple the downsize into the future.
3. Downsize the second building in the Age of Might
4. Ripple the downsize into the future.
...repeat
and THEN move on to the age of Faith to resolve any remaining heirarchy conflicts present there.

I'm assuming choice A, but I want to be sure since the resolution sequence really matters in some cases.

Thanks,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually neither. As we interpreted, first you do everyting you have to do in the age of might and THEN start rippling into the future.

A major downsizing in the past causes the future bulings to never exixsted so they are not a problem in the future as they ware never biult!

In my opinion option B is better than option A but we played with option C
The rules are not clear about this point but they often state that the player who started the whole thing decides, so I'm guessing he can decide whether the time continuum changes all at the same time or one building at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud URBON
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
the_spy wrote:
As we interpreted, first you do everyting you have to do in the age of might and THEN start rippling into the future.

that's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schell
United States
Hollis Center
ME
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.