Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Vötter
Austria
Kufstein
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here some questions about the Rules:

1) If I draw 2 cards and one of them is the Epedemic Card, coult I take another card or is my move finished ?

2) After an Epedemic Card must I also draw 2 Cards of the Citys or is the move finished ?

3) If I found one "Virus" and no color of this "Virus" is on board, can I turn the tile or must I give an action for this move (I hope, you understand this).

4) Can I play this game alone ?

Thanks for the answers
Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You can draw your second card, yes. But not a replacement for the epidemic card.

2) Yes, after resolving the epidemic, you have to play the infector.

3) Er... what? Sorry, I don't understand this.

4) Well, it was not designed for that, but I say you can decide on a number of "players" and a level, and play them all by yourself. Good way to practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rvtter wrote:
3) If I found one "Virus" and no color of this "Virus" is on board, can I turn the tile or must I give an action for this move (I hope, you understand this).

If a disease has been cured and there are no cubes of that color on the board (with these events in either order), you immediately flip the marker to the eradicated side. It takes no action to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
A clarification on question 2:

Even if you draw an Epidemic card, you play out the rest of the turn, which means playingthe infector must take play. However, it is not always 2 cards tht must be drawn, it could be 3 or more depending on the number of Epidemics pulled so far in the game.

As far as playing Solo, you coud try 1 of 2 ways. One, play with one role and maybe draw 5 cards to begin with. Or you could play as multiple "players" keeping hands separate but drawing and playing in turn as if you were multiple people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
As far as playing Solo, you coud try 1 of 2 ways. One, play with one role and maybe draw 5 cards to begin with.

I played like this once and hand limit was a HUGE problem. I was thinking of increasing hand limit to 9 the next time I played solo. Is this necessary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul canosa
Japan
shizuoka
Shizuoka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rvtter wrote:
Here some questions about the Rules:

1) If I draw 2 cards and one of them is the Epedemic Card, coult I take another card or is my move finished ?

2) After an Epedemic Card must I also draw 2 Cards of the Citys or is the move finished ?

Thanks for the answers
Robert

1 you draw 2 cards. Total. If 1 card is epidemic its bad luck. You do not get another card.

2 After an epidemic you MUST draw 2 city cards. (if infection rate is higher than 2 you must draw MORE than 2 city cards)

3. You are using the english verb "to find" or "to discover". You cannot find a virus in the game.

Do you mean the English verb "to cure" the virus ? If you have cured the virus and there are no colored virus blocks on the board it is finished.

4. Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the best way to play solo is to play two roles, keeping everything seperate, and play the normal rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
johnweldy wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
As far as playing Solo, you coud try 1 of 2 ways. One, play with one role and maybe draw 5 cards to begin with.

I played like this once and hand limit was a HUGE problem. I was thinking of increasing hand limit to 9 the next time I played solo. Is this necessary?

I would try it out. There may be no need to draw 5 cards but it seems reasonable to give you a headstart.

I have to agree with Larry that playing 2 or more roles with individual hands is the way to go. That way you are still playing within the published design parameters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Vötter
Austria
Kufstein
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Questions about the Rules ? And now ? Which one is the original answer ?

I have 2 answers:

One says, I coult dras another card, the other says, i coult not draw a card.

thanks for help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rvtter wrote:

I have 2 answers:

One says, I coult dras another card, the other says, i coult not draw a card.

thanks for help

You always draw exactly 2 cards. If one or both of them are Epidemics, you do not replace them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gardunia
United States
Gig Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowledge Sharing and Researchers
We tried this game a couple of time with 4 players for the first time last night and, despite failing both times, really enjoyed it a LOT (both games were -so- close).

Most of the rules seemed pretty straight-forward after the play-throughs, but we did have a question about something.

Share Knowledge and the advantage of the Researcher role in it are clear enough when there are only 2 players in a city. However, with the Dispatcher in play, it's fairly easy to gather in groups of 3-4 as well.

Share Knowledge also seems to be the only action with rules that do not specifically use the specifier 'your' when referring to cards.

Quote:
Transfer a card from one player to another.

So, let's say it is the Medic's turn and he moves to Moscow with the Scientist and the Dispatcher. The Scientist has the Moscow card. It's clear on the Medic's next action that he could get the Moscow card from the Scientist. However, could he instead use that action to have the Scientist give the Moscow card to the Dispatcher? Or would that take two actions from the Medic, one to transfer the card from the Scientist to the Medic and another to transfer it from the Medic to the Dispatcher?

The 'problem' compounds with the Researcher in play using the first interpretation above, anytime a group of players are in the same city as the Researcher any player there can use an action to have the Researcher give a card to any other player there, including himself.

This seems to make the Researcher pretty darn powerful. However, the rules see to allow it. Thus the question.

Any ideas?

As a note, even interpreting the rules this way we still lost horribly with 3 cures already found, the 4th in hand and a series of unfotunate, catastrophic outbreaks. On further consideration gathering in one city without the Dispatcher in play would be a lot harder too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rvtter wrote:

I think what you are asking is: If I discover a cure, and there are no cubes of that color in the boards, do I need to spend an action to erradicate it, or is it automatic?

If that is your question, the answer is: It's automatic. You don't spend an action.

Rvtter wrote:

Most of my games have been solo. It's a great game, as long as you play 2-3 roles by yourself. I would very strongly advice against playing with only one role... I don't know, it' just not too much fun, specially as most roles' powers require interaction with others to really mean anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skythian wrote:
Any ideas?

It's very clear. You may take or give a card on YOUR turn. If you want to transfer a card from another player to another player, you all have to be in the same city, the card must be of that city, and you must spend 2 actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.