Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I came across an image I mistakenly 'thumbed up' long ago and I tried to remove the thumb but could not.

Is there a way to 'un-thumb' something you've given a 'thumb up' to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a while, once it becomes green again, no there is no way to unthumb it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Green should turn to Grey for something you have thumbed. Clicking the Grey should return it to Green - thus Thumb undone.

Some confusion may exist. Thumbs from long ago may not appear Grey even though clicking on the Count will show that you have indeed already given it a thumb.

In such cases, clicking the Thumb again today will turn the thumb from Green to Grey without incrementing the count. At that point I expect that clicking the Grey will return it to Green, remove your name, and reduce the count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think you'd have to unthumb your more recent thumbs to a certain point, unthumb the image in question, then rethumb everything. Not worth the effort imho; I guess you could just leave a comment with the image that your thumb is in error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Green should turn to Grey for something you have thumbed. Clicking the Grey should return it to Green - thus Thumb undone.

Oh, so that's how you do it.

I accidently thumbed a post of my own when I was actually trying to see who had thumbed it and couldn't figure out how to unthumb it.

Now I know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:

I accidently thumbed a post of my own when I was actually trying to see who had thumbed it and couldn't figure out how to unthumb it.

Yeah right! I tried that one years ago - it doesn't work. The old " whoops my finger slipped " ploy.

Some might believe you (not).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahiksking wrote:
EvanMinn wrote:

Yeah right! I tried that one years ago - it doesn't work. The old " whoops my finger slipped " ploy.

Some might believe you (not).

You do know that it is not just a question of believing or not right?

You can just go check.

In fact, I will give you 1 GG for everything of mine that you can find that I thumbed myself.

I think I did it once or twice before that too so here's your chance to earn some easy GG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Liumas wrote:
I came across an image I mistakenly 'thumbed up' long ago and I tried to remove the thumb but could not.

Can you send me the link to the image you are trying to undo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:
I think you'd have to unthumb your more recent thumbs to a certain point, unthumb the image in question, then rethumb everything. Not worth the effort imho; I guess you could just leave a comment with the image that your thumb is in error.
??? No, no. Where did you get that idea? There is no requirement to work backwards in the chain.

The issue of wrongly displaying Green instead of Gray is simply a matter of effiency (intentional progamming). Your Thumb has been properly recorded, but only your most recent 100 Thumbs display as Gray when you view the item again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Aldie wrote:
Liumas wrote:

Can you send me the link to the image you are trying to undo?

Sent - Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.