Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John S.
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

1.) Can a unit disembarked from a landing craft move on its own in the same turn? (I realize they can't battle.)

2.) Can a vacated bunker be reoccupied by the owning player?

Thanks in advance for your answers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1) yes

2) yes; a vacated bunker can be occupied by any player. Only the original owning player would regain the protective benefits though. (unless it is a "field" bunker introduced in the expansions - which allows either side to claim the benefits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I didn't understand the question apparently. I do not think that an LC can move and then an Infantry unit move as well. I thought he was asking could an Infantry unit move off the LC on its own (as opposed to waiting for it to get to the beach and disappear).

So let me restate my answer.

1a) Yes, an Infantry unit can move off of an LC on it's own IF the LC did not move. The LC is "a vehicle that improves and supplements
the capabilities of the units they carry" so if the LC does not move, then the Infantry (or any other unit) can use it's own movement as if the LC were not there. If this is from one ocean hex to another, only a 1-hex move is allowed. If it is a move from an ocean hex to a beach hex, then it can move up to 2 hexes (except artillery). You fill never have a beach to beach hex as the LC will disappear when it gets to a beach hex.

1b) An LC cannot move and then allow the Unit to also move. When the LC hits the shore, "the unit they carried [is] left on the hex they landed on." So both movements cannot be used. Therefore, if the LC is moved, even partially, the unit inside cannot move on its own in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of the instance where a LC lands a unit then disappears as per the rules. I didn't believe the disembarked unit could move or battle, but then I couldn't find it in either the rules or online. Ditto the bunker reoccupation. Thanks to you both for your quick replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jts65 wrote:
I was thinking of the instance where a LC lands a unit then disappears as per the rules. I didn't believe the disembarked unit could move or battle, but then I couldn't find it in either the rules or online. Ditto the bunker reoccupation. Thanks to you both for your quick replies.

What I quoted from he rules is supposed to be the ruling on the units from "disappeared" LCs staying put. It isn't crystal clear in this wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.